November 19, 20169 yr comment_707181 Hi Guys & Gals, I have a set of mags on my KE30, which I've had for a number of years. I think they are olde school Deltas, but not sure. They are 14 inch, to go over the Cressida rotors & calipers, I have on my Celica RA65 struts up front on the KE30. Lot of people say they look like they come off a Triumph, & others say they are a little like the KE70 mags. Recently had them straighten by FMR (Fix My Rims) on the Gold Coast here in Qld, who did a excellent job. My idea is to paint the "triangular" inserts on the mags, the same colour as the car, when I eventually respray it. The wheels never had any centre caps, & looked a bit odd, with the visible holes. I bought some silver plastic ones off ebay from Hong Kong, and they certainly filled the hole, but looked a bit flat. This morning, I had reason to remove the front Toyota alloy wheel from my wife's 2009 Corolla, and noticed that the knock out centre cap, was about the same size, as the hole in the centre of my Deltas. There was only 1 millimetre or so difference, so in no time, I had the 2009 Corolla alloy wheel plastic centre cap, sitting in my KE30's mags. Do you think it looks alright or a bit tacky ? I like the "olde sckool" look, but this adds a touch of new generations. I played with the idea, of adapting the fancy original centres, from the 13" steelies, but they would require a bit of engineering to adapt same. However, this is how it would look if I built an adaptor. I just sat it there with a bit of "blue tack" to see what it would look like. Only trouble is the cap sticks out about 16-17mm past the line of the tyre, so not sure whether that is legal. Will investigate. Cheers Banjo Edited November 19, 20169 yr by Banjo Report
November 21, 20169 yr comment_707213 Centre caps sticking out should be ok, as the factory steelies are the same, have you tried looking for a set of performance challengers? Same style wheel, better offset and easy to get centre caps. cheers! Report
November 21, 20169 yr comment_707214 I dislike the new Toyota emblem on even the new Toyotas. The new school is a massive no from me in my opinion. Old school looks great. Wouldn't worry about them poking out a wee bit. Doubt a cop would even notice. They're more worried about entire wheels poking out the guards now days. Report
November 21, 20169 yr comment_707215 Or try incorporate the old school emblem on the other flatter caps? Report
November 22, 20169 yr Author comment_707221 Thank for the feedback Guys ! It's unanimous. Out with the New, & in with the Olde. After looking at it for two (2) days, I'd pretty much come to the same decision, as your good selves. There are 4 off screws inside the olde steelie centre caps, holding the "barbed" finger assembly. I'll take that out, & make up a round plate that will screw in, in its place, with a push in "bung" attached to suit the wheel 60mm dia. centre hole. Will post a pic, when I have all four (4) done. Cheers Banjo Thanks again. Report
November 22, 20169 yr comment_707222 Centre caps sticking out should be ok, as the factory steelies are the same, have you tried looking for a set of performance challengers? Same style wheel, better offset and easy to get centre caps. cheers! Yes, you can also see it on the brochure for europe Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now