Drift Day

klusio

hey everyone

The fiirst drift practice day is on this weekend.

MAY 6th at basky, drivers briefing is at 9am followed by drift practice at 10am and runs till 12pm.

from 12pm onwards a top 16 will be selected and a round robin type comp shall be held.

for more info check out hobart sporting car club web site.

hope to see you there.

Look for the White Toyota Celsior VIP supporting a yellow Toyota Sprinter AE86.

Cheers Kieran.

Members dont see this ad

I'm unsure of the cars in the field but I know of, an AE86, s14 silvia, R32 GTR, couple of R32gtst, couple of s13 silvias, cerfiro I think.

don't hold me to that list but the field has been capped at 50 cars I think not sure if all positions have been filled.

There is also a group of mainland cars coming down for a bit of a slide.

Should be a good day at the track.

it wasnt to bad, those black cefirios were pretty mean and the blue S14 was pretty insane, but i didnt c much drift from any of the others, it was just mainly spin out by every one and giant spin outs from the red celica

cheers

james

I didnt see either of you guys out on the track lol

it was a come and try day more or less, most people hadnt had a chance to drift under track conditions and I think it was great to see everyone having a go. At the begining of the day there was plenty of spins, not so in the top 16 shoot out or expression session afterwards

There was a field of around 25 cars.

Didnt see any of you boys come and say hello....

Think everyone had a good day and plenty of fun.

See you all next time, hopefully I'll be sliding my 86

I did hear later last night that it got better after I left. Yeah it's good they are doing it on the track now and not on the street. klusio: I like watching all types of motorsport, but i'd rather compete in traditional racing events, but that's just me.

If I go to another drift event and see your car out there, I'll come and say hello.

well i was impressed, went over to the celsior but no one was there an then i spent the rest of my time workin on the green s13, thought the turn out was good an really the driving wasn't that bad either.

you sorta go to a drift event expecting to see some spins...

Yeah look I suppose it was a practise day. I don't dis people for having a go. I was just bored so I left. I should have turned up for the last bit apparently. If there's another at baskerville then it should be better for spectators becauase the local people will have improved. You gotta start somewhere.

I'd love to be able to drift like a madman...

I guess open-wheel-diff + stock 4k power doesn't really = ultimate, user-friendly drift piggie!!

(+ the fact Gir is still licking wounds after being maliciously attacked by that deer!!!) :)

I'd love to be able to drift like a madman...

I guess open-wheel-diff + stock 4k power doesn't really = ultimate, user-friendly drift piggie!!

(+ the fact Gir is still licking wounds after being maliciously attacked by that deer!!!) :)

hehe three little letters.......C....I.....G!! :)

hehe three little letters.......C....I.....G!! :)

Daily driver factor doesn't make the 'CIG Locker' such a good idea. :)

Hmmm... They have a bad habit of breaking axles then tho don't they??

Anyone heard of filling your diff with SIKAFLEX as opposed to alloy-fillling or welding??