Engine swap KE70

Bayley

hey guys I'm debating on what would be best on doing with my KE70 

making it 4k-e, 4k-u, building the 4k-c or building a 7k.

i would just like it too still be cool old school and be able to somewhat keep up with my mates in there s13's etc

would anyone be able to help me out on reliable cheap but ways to pump some more power out keeping it legal and old school 

cheers

Edited by Bayley

Members dont see this ad

5k, throw a decent cam in it (ignore every one that says you need to go to solid lifters, keep it hydaulic), up the compession and give the ports a going over. A set of extractors and a 2 inch exhaust, and change the carby to what ever tickles your fancy and go have fun.

17 minutes ago, coln72 said:

5k, throw a decent cam in it (ignore every one that says you need to go to solid lifters, keep it hydaulic), up the compession and give the ports a going over. A set of extractors and a 2 inch exhaust, and change the carby to what ever tickles your fancy and go have fun.

cheers dude ive been looking into the 5k tonight and it seems too tickle my fancy you got any suggestions where too get a low km 5k from?

Make a careful budget for this project, you'll probably spend a similar amount whether you use a K motor or a newer 16valve with twice the power.  What Coln says is right, do up a K and enjoy it, it will cruise at 110kph, overtake cars with a bit of work, and even manage to go up most hills. 

However I figure you need a 4AGE to really keep up with anything. At Woolshed Rallying we have four 4AGE-powered KE70s and none of those motors have had a rebuild since they were bought. That makes their cost plus the T50 gearbox about the same as rebuilding a K motor.   Even better, about $3000 will buy you an Altezza half-cut with the 3SGE and the J160 6-speed, but the associated engineering costs push this price up.

4K- 43KW  (58 hp) at 5200 rpm and 90 N⋅m

Hot 4K- 55-60KW, maybe 95Nm

5K- 53KW, 105Nm or so

4AGE- 95 kW  142 N⋅m

2ZZGE- 141 kW 181 N⋅m . The gearbox will be difficult!

3SGE- 154 kW  216 N⋅m