4age Into Ke30 Crossmember Queries

billygoat

Hi all I'll start by introducing myself my name is Jarrod I live just south of Brisbane and have a 78 ke30. My question, I have looked through the faq's and read the 4age into ke70 and was wondering will I be able to use the ae71 crossmember in my car for the 4age or will I need a different one. Any info would be great as i am new to the old school rolla sceen.

Thanks Jarrod

Members dont see this ad

i d say the ae71 one wont bolt up to your ke30. I think you will have to cut the orignal ke30 brackets off and modify them to suit the 4age. Not the hardest thing just need a grinder, welder and engine crane to help with postion the motor in right postion, before cutting and welding everything.

I d pull old motor out, lower the new one in and see how it is going to sit and then work out if anything will hit anywhere i.e sump, exhaust manifold etc and then bolt up gearbox and see what you then need to do with your engine mount brackets (x/memeber brackets). Probably need to make up a little custom gearbox cross member too but that should be pretty straight forward i just used some 30x30 box section on mine and some piecs of flat bar. here is my brackets rewelded and in new postion after being relocated to suit my ca18det.

I d pull old motor out, lower the new one in and see how it is going to sit and then work out if anything will hit anywhere i.e sump, exhaust manifold etc and then bolt up gearbox and see what you then need to do with your engine mount brackets (x/memeber brackets). Probably need to make up a little custom gearbox cross member too but that should be pretty straight forward i just used some 30x30 box section on mine and some pieces of flat bar. here is my brackets rewelded and in new postion after being relocated to suit my ca18det.

post-795-1148087373.jpg

post-795-1148087425_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...