mycorolla18kj.jpg

Since purchase I have...

-Installed Pineer MP3 / WMA deck

-JVC 4 Channel Amp

-Pioneer 6" splits, woofers in custom box and tweeters on 'A' pillars

-JL Audio 6x9 3 ways mounted on 19mm custom shelf

-Hand stripped and polished 14" rims

-Removed some badges and crappy black stripes from side of body and boot

-Bought AE86 seats (to be installed as soon as a mate finishes using them for RWC checks)

-Bought 4A-GE bigport genII (7 rib block) in need of re-build

-Rust repairs, wheel bearings, some bushes and all the usual crap that was needed to get it on the road as i originally bought it as an unregistered car.

Edited by Paul

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Other plans for the car...

-Some sort of suspension upgrade, whether it be just springs and shocks or corona struts and brakes upgrade also (more research to be done)

-Re-build the 4A-GE with a head port & polish, 256 degree cams, custom extractors (length and specs yet to be decided, more research to be done) convert to RWD, install with haltech computer (as a start)

Once all the car is setup as I want it engine/driveline and suspension wise, I will purchase another shell (probably flat front early KE70 or something from overseas) and do a full re-build on the shell. All work done to the car so far bolts into original thread / hole locations so everything is simpler down the track.

Thanks heaps for the feedback guys, and yes very satisfying to do work on your own car especially when all has been done on student budget so far. Apprenticeship hunting now and looking forward to pouring some money into the GE.

Photoshop mods just to give you a bit of an idea...

corollasideoncoupe22ob.jpg

Don't know whether it'd be better off buying a pair of pano doors locally and doing the conversion myself or importing a coupe.

Note: either way I still will have to get it engineered as i'm going to lean the c pillars and rear screen forward.