Door Rubbers Ke30~55

I have spent a bit of time trying to find some new rear door rubbers (weatherseal strip) for the KE30 and were really unsuccessful. I located front ones at clark rubber quite easily at for $50 each, but found i could only get rear door rubbers as a 'buy by the metre' type setup, which would have to look a bit ugly once fitted.

So i went to my mate corollaandy's place to see what i could find, and took home a pair off a ke70 which seem to be MUCH EASIER TO FIND in overrated condition. When i got home i found the only difference in the rubbers is the small locator holes for the clips, they are actually the perfect length. So with a small drill bit and a cordless, it took 5 minutes to redrill the rubbers, and i have almost new door rubbers. :P

Members dont see this ad

:P -So KE70 window rubbers are the same as KE30/KE55 ones??

I was the wreckers today and was actually stairing at a KE70's doors thinks that they could be the same size as a KE30's/KE55's.

If they are that would be great cause there are mountains on KE70's around and I need new window rubbers too.

Jon.

Edited by JiP_01

Which is commendable.

And therefore... proving "custom rubber bits" :S

Nice work, dude :P

But for those that are fussy on original spec components... Stick to RareSpares for newer rolla rubber