Dcoe Weber

hi boys (and girls), I'm have loads of fun at the with my 40 dcoe. its on a 4k-c and the jets are all out of wack. But the real problem is the Aux venturi and the chokes.

I took the air cleaner (ramflow) off and they fell out!!! I'm thinking this is a bad sign.

has any one played with single dcoe before?

my side draft has a "L" stamped on it under the air cleaner (so i think it was a pair once)

current set up:

venturi chokes 27mm

Main jet 105

Air corrector 155

emulsion tube F20 (never seen or hear of before)

Idel jets 40 F8

fuel pump 35

fuel pump inlet 45

choke jets 60 F5

Members dont see this ad

chokes are held in by the aircleaners, so don't be too concerned, justmake sure that the cleaner backing plates hold the chokes in. Piss the ramflo off, too, they're useless.

As for the rest, I'll make some enquiries when I get home at the end of the week.

Cheers

R

seen it, thank you.

i read it to and it about setting up twins

thanks redwart

Guys,i have had a look at this setup. Let me tell you it aint pretty, by that i mean what happens is when you try to accelerate the engine just lays flat and wont rev (AT ALL) and spits all the fuel back out of the carby.

Its not timing related,i changed the jets up and down sizes seemed at tad better with smaller ones in under no load but was very hard to drive to the point of rediculous.

My suggestion was to get some bigger chokes ie: i run twins with 32mm chokes so one carby would surely need at least 32mm chokes???.

I have never seen a carburettor act like this EVER.

Matt

personally i would be getting the car to run right on a stock carb first. sounds like to many variables going on from reading other posts.

with small chokes the thing should go like mad low down and get a bit breathless in the top end. not spit fuel back up. sounds more like a cam reversion type thing to me.

personally i would be getting the car to run right on a stock carb first. sounds like to many variables going on from reading other posts.

with small chokes the thing should go like mad low down and get a bit breathless in the top end. not spit fuel back up. sounds more like a cam reversion type thing to me.

I just brought a ke 20, with a carby(that has no emotion control) that i was going to chuck on to see if i makes any diffrents.

i cleaned the dcoe out and it is "running better", but the idle is way out now, can't get it to drop below 2000 rpm. but i can get the ass end to slide out now.

i'm thinking of putting it on the 3k and seeing how it goes.

I just brought a ke 20, with a carby(that has no emotion control) that i was going to chuck on to see if i makes any diffrents.

i cleaned the dcoe out and it is "running better", but the idle is way out now, can't get it to drop below 2000 rpm. but i can get the ass end to slide out now.

i'm thinking of putting it on the 3k and seeing how it goes.

Chris do it for FRIGS sake,then if its better by a carby from a 2LT cortina/adapter plate and happy driving.

i changed the carby and the ALB "angey little b***h" ran nicer. but she still runs on and won't idle properly.

thinking about putting the other motor "original engine" back in and putting this one back on the stand for a close detailed look :P

MMMMMM There must be deeeeeeeeeeeeper issues I'm thinking

• 2 weeks later...

well one problem i have is the "ke" carby is old and needs a kit through it, because the fuel needle is stuffed so it floods on idle. that could explane the run on (maybe)

but has anyone else had a single dcoe on there 4k before?

and if so do you remember the set up?