High Beams

Bianca

:ninja:

Guys i nearly had a repeat of my accident today..

Guy coming towards me on quiet back road (skinny) turned his high beams on and continued to flash them while not getting off the side of the road so i could get past. i had to jam on my breaks... this time knowing how good my breaks were...

this time i was lucky enough to control the car and not crash.. last time i wasnt.

Please REMEMBER that High Beaming other cars can cause accidents resulting in people getting hurt.

So far i have had 7 weeks off work and i am still off for a few more weeks..

REMEMBER TO TURN YOUR HIGH BEAMS OFF...

AND PLEASE BE NICE AND MOVE TO THE LEFT OF THE ROAD ON SMALLER BACK ROADS.. THIS WAY BOTH CARS CAN FIT!

Members dont see this ad

Theres a fair bit of thiss stuff goin on lately, mainly from people in new domestics and 4wd owners. High beaming, not pulling over on narrow roads, tooting horn after light goes green for 2 seconds, sitting right on ass etc.

Whenever I drive Alisson's Starlet currently, it seems everyone else has their high beams on.

I put this down to two reasons:

1). I'm not used to being so low in a car (the black Corolla sits WAY higher).

2). A lot of new cars are coming out with gas discharge lights and Xenon bulbs. As these lights are far brighter than old lights, they do blind drivers coming in the opposite direction. I think this is more the case than reason one.

Glad you're okay though Bianca.

Edited by ancullen

• 3 weeks later...

I tend to drive alot at night between towns so most of my cars are fitted with more powerful globes at least, as well as driving lights. Too many close calls with skippy etc to feel safe with standard lights, especially now that I have the baby (soon to be two) on board.

I do try to get off high beam though as soon as I see another car often before they would be affected.

And if the other pricks don't get off high beam - 4 x 100watt globes sorta change their minds :dance:

Edited by coln72

when ur driving u can see someone coming over the hill with there high beams on so i turn mine off and the keep driving with there highs on till they come over the hill and see mine and then 5 seconds later they turn them off.so whats the go if i can see there light over the hill they can see mine and i have driving lights.very anoying at 5 am when ur tired and some one high beams ya

• 1 month later...
Theres a fair bit of thiss stuff goin on lately, mainly from people in new domestics and 4wd owners. High beaming, not pulling over on narrow roads, tooting horn after light goes green for 2 seconds, sitting right on ass etc.

Didnt you realise that if you have a big domestic or 4wd that because you sit higher than everyone else or "my 50,000 car is seperior to you little old POS" that that gives them the right.

FFS there still making pannels for your stupid car and you can obviously afford it so move over cause mine arnt being made any more buddy!