My Ke55 Box On Wheels

evilbetty

well hi everyone I'm new here i thought id post up this little tidy up job I'm doing on an old ke55 4 door,i bought the car from some guy as a completly standard original condition with 96000 ks on the clock,i recently sold my rx7 and needed a runner to get me to work so i got this,how ever not being satisfied with a ugly looking bright red box on wheels i decieded to give it a slight tidy up,i call it a tidy up because its not really a project car or anything like that its just a daily driver that i thought id tidy a bit ,so here we go wiht what ive done so far,::::

now i didnt actulay have a pic of the car when i first got it a few weeks ago so i just borrowed this pic to show what it pretty much looked like:::

post-1560-1150003063.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well that was the best pic i could find to give the idea what the car looked like ,my car has the long ended chrome bumpers,

there was a big dent in one of the 1/4 panels so i knocked it out,and fixed up a few small dents here and there nothing to extreme just a quick tidy,got it in primer and then painted the insides of the doors a nice metalic blue colour ,then got it all sanded down and put it in the spray booth............

DAMN YOU FOR BORROWING A PICTURE OF OUR BABY!!!!! YOU DON'T KNOW THE KIND OF SICK PERVERTED WEIRDOS OUT THERE ON THE INTERNET THAT COULD BE LOOKING AT IT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuh, it's cool really, just as long as you replace it with a real one of yours in due course....wouldn't want people getting the two confused, or thinking that we're somehow related

so there you have it the paint job completed,now the next few things a have to do is basicly for the interior because the colour was just too much to bare!!! but inbetween i had to fit a few more bits and bobs,, heres a few more shots

heres the old carpet ohh dear its a bit of a mess....

post-1560-1150008339_thumb.jpg

the old factory steering wheel was no good to big and keep hitting my legs and basicly felt terrible to drive with so i got a new wheel and a boss kit now feels good to drive looks a bit better too me thinks .........

old wheel..................

post-1560-1150009675_thumb.jpg

well this is the factory door panel alittle dated , but still in good condition considering this is a 1981 car!!!!,but unfortunatley for the door panel it dosnt really go with the new carpet so off it comes and on with a little bit of a fresh materail,i did this my self and the paint work i also did my self,i like to do allthis sort of stuff my self,as you will see ,so heres what i did on the doors.......

post-1560-1150011576_thumb.jpg