lappy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well guys update time over the last week i have been preping my new doors for the rolla today the insides of the door got painted and the inside of the new mudguard. Also I took the seats out of the car fro a good vacumm, clean and tidy-up.one of the things i did was hollow out a cigarette lighter to run my tacho wires therough when i put the new dash.

post-564-1159087571_thumb.jpg

post-564-1159087640_thumb.jpg

post-564-1159087730_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

the car has been steadily repainted first we did inside the of where the 4 doors go

post-564-1159781831_thumb.jpg

then the doors got bolted on, prepped and painted

post-564-1159782075_thumb.jpg

post-564-1159782182_thumb.jpg

then the mudguards were prepped painted and were just sat on

post-564-1159782278_thumb.jpg

tomorrow the guards and front stone tray will be bolted on and then the black around the top of the doors will be painted and it will all be put back together then a buff for the rest of the car then getting reday for being inspected

All for now

Lappy

Just read through the whole thing man, great work i'll be staying hooked for this one, on the subject on faded paint, I did some rust repairs to my KE55 on the weekend and the PPG paint i got for that out of a can matched pretty good, and there is hardly a difference, so you'd certainly be suprised in some cases,

Cheers man and love the hard work! keep it up

hey who took my car to canberra lol looks exactly the same. Trent yes its very good on color my car was dodgily resprayed before i got it so the colour is a bit out but we just need to get dad to work in it so the rest will get repainted some weekend in the future

here is the finished corolla we went for an inspection today and it failed on 3 things the window tint was too dark, the brake master cylinder was leaking out the back and it had no battery bracket which i had made and painted thismorning but we were in such a rush i forgot to put it on so this afternoon we scraped the the tint off and installed the battery clamp and tomorrow we are picking up the new master cylinder we ordered $113 later so we will install that at our friends workshop tomorrow morning and go back for round 2.

post-564-1160040233_thumb.jpg