Lappy's Corolla

lappy

you have to undo the tailshaft bolts ( 4 12mm nuts) the 8 U bolts ( 8x 14mm nuts) i drop the spring hangers down just to make it easy ( 8x 14mm nuts) and the brake line ( 1 10mm screw thingo and this bit of metal that holds the brake line in which you just use some visegrips to pull out) and the hand brake cables (undo 4x10 mm bolts which tension the line and the flick these rubber things that hold the line on the car or when you don't need the handbrake cables such as speedway just hacksaw or bolt cutters through the hand brake cables) sounds like alot but about 15-20 mins work max i have changed a fair few diffs trying to get the right ratio for speedway

also see the first pic i posted on saturday

Lappy

Edited by lappy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can't wait for the holidays ;)... I am determined for that cage to be in the car (cage is almost ready for paint now, thanks to a bit of work), roof to be back on and have some paint on the car by the end of it..

You've made that diff housing and tailshaft come up overrated mate!

Is your racecar registered as a KE30 rather than a KE55? Apparently Fabio Martinelli reckons I should say my KE55 is a KE35... weird...

Dan.

it is your car that inspired me to clean it up and piant the parts not just to do the bare minimum

Amen to that. Your car, Teddy, has been the most inspirational car in the construction sense that I've ever laid my eyes on.. extravagance rather than the bare minimum; i'll live by that quote.

Lappy; your car is coming along sick man.. is there anything whatsoever that you need for it? Because a certain KE55 that I might have is just begging to have parts given from it to you ;)...

Dan.

well I'm taking off the left hand side mudguard tomorow after i put the diff in so i might be in for a bit more of rusted sill panel action again ;) so thanks for the offer but i should be pretty well for parts there are a few cars around but if i need anything i shall tell you

Lappy

• 2 weeks later...