Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lappy's Corolla

Featured Replies

  • Author

Finally the day has arrived that I can drive the car i have put my time and effort into woo :jamie: As of about 4:00 today i shall have my learners permit YAY :fuzz: :y:

  • Replies 141
  • Views 45.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cool project. The rust bit that you had on your car was the same as mine.

  • Author

I'm on the road my first drive of my car after my work on it alot different to the speedway car aswell :hmm: needs more power in the old 4K :S

I'm on the road my first drive of my car after my work on it alot different to the speedway car aswell :cool: needs more power in the old 4K :hmm:

 

Buy my 7K then man :S

  • Author

well here is my latest purchase a set of 14x6 hotwires with a fairly used set of Yokahama Advans 032-R'sfor only $150 I will buy a set of road tyres for the and groove up the advans and put them in the shed for if i eventually do track days or hillclimbs.

post-564-1178515777_thumb.jpg

post-564-1178515939_thumb.jpg

post-564-1178516078_thumb.jpg

Did well on those wheels and advans for $150!!!!!! :S

 

I just bought a second hand set of A032's that have done for 12 laps of symmons plains for $350 JUST FOR THE TYRES!!!!!! :cool:

 

And any car looks heaps tougher wearing a set of these! :hmm:

 

:hmm: Just keep an eye on that one that you pictured alone, cause it looks like a re-tread (although it can't be) and is starting to de-laminate!! :yes: cool!

  • Author

I thought they were a good deal + they came with a full set of brand new wheel nuts. I will keep and eye on that tyer i thought that was just a yokaham factory thing.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

*update* I bought a ex speedway motor that was super illegal so the guys sold it to me its all balanced bottom end and a lumpy cam shaft its a short motor and not done any work as it was that crazy with head and other mods that it was never able to run but so i will put the head and ancilleries from my motor now. Photos tomorrow and build coming soon :bash:

Edited by lappy

  • Author

Here are the pics as promised block with barely ran pistons rings and bearings, fully balanced bottom end, balanced + lightened flywheel, cam and spare set of balanced conrods. Also my newest creation a gear lever for my racecar :bash:

post-564-1180857004_thumb.jpg

post-564-1180857266_thumb.jpg

post-564-1180857450_thumb.jpg

Edited by lappy

  • Author

I bought these off ebay last night. Ad said "TOYOTA COROLLA KE30 Pedders lowered front springs. Springs have been trimmed by previous owner, approx 2.5 inches lower than standard and approx 250lbs." so they should be good and get rid of that 4x4 stance of my corolla :P

 

post-564-1181259525.jpg

they don't look like pedders lowered ke30 springs, i got a set and look nothing like them, unless they are soft the top is only just going to sit in the top hat maybe dangerous if they have been cut.

  • Author

i have a set of king springs in my racecar and they look like thesethey should be fine

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

I bought a central locking kit off ebay a few weeks ago for $50 and i Installed it today. Well I strated at 9:00 this morning and finished at 5:00. it is very easy to install. The kit comes with a fulll wiring harness, 2 controller, 4 motors, lock rods and connectors.

post-564-1183458072_thumb.jpg

 

Once the wiring is layed out

post-564-1183458925_thumb.jpg

I took out the front seats and undid the back seat so i could put the wiring under the carpet.

The only drama i had was that I had to do was extend the rear leads to reach tho the locks.

here is a pic or the right rear lock installed

post-564-1183459306_thumb.jpg

Front lock

post-564-1183611911_thumb.jpg

post-564-1183612135_thumb.jpg

 

 

Its great for the amount of money I paid for it and I am very satisfied with it if any one else wants more ino just ask or pm me

Edited by lappy

  • Author

Driving at 100 Km/h is a very loud experience in the corolla so in an effort to cut don the noise i bough new baileys channel which seals the window. When I looked at mine it was old hard and brittle and not much of it left :) But I bought 4m of it which is just enough to do the front 2 door which where the loudest. Here are3 some pics I will report later at the noise difference

The New stuff

post-564-1183612853_thumb.jpg

 

Old Stuff

post-564-1183613086_thumb.jpg

post-564-1183613506_thumb.jpg

post-564-1183614632_thumb.jpg

 

Finished

post-564-1183613856_thumb.jpg

Edited by lappy

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.