Ke55 Problems

well i got a ke55 sedan and when u go for a drive on the highway for about 5-10minutes the car dies when the brakes are applied as same for when hooning in town...i shift at about 4000rpm and after about afew blocks the motor wants to die when the brake is applied (note clutch in while this happens) any1 got any ideas why??? also can i put a mazda 626 niki carb on the rolla??? its same size as 4k carby but just jetted for a 2lt ;)

Members dont see this ad

;) Had the same problem. Was my brake booster. Something i did while i was saving up to pay for the repair was i pulled my choke out abit when I needed to slow down and it wouldn't stall.

Jon.

Edited by JiP_01

firstly check the ho9se between the manifold and the booster....it could be a bit loose and will just need a tighten. and also check for any splits in the hose.

next, check the 1 way valve in that line. take it out and blow and suck on it to make sure its doing its job properly.

if both of those things don'e fix it, then get a new booster. :D

as far as the carby goes, the 626 nikkis will go straight onto a standard corolla manifold. but depending on the model you may need to grind/file down one of the bolt holes on the manifold. (think its one of the ones that the air cleaner bolts on with.)

one of my mates has a ke55 with the 2lt jetted 626 nikki, runs fine!! :dance:

yeah i tried but it fitted but it need a adapter plate..its off a 1979 626 and thanks for the help..blew brake hose the other day so car is off the road cause i kept having problems..the 4k in it revs to 7---rpm and thats with standard carby..well i'm stripping it now so soon enough i'll get another one..