July 2, 200620 yr comment_126459 ok i have a ae82 rolla seca csx which came out with the 16V 4age. the motor isnt to flash n e more and have recently been offered a 4agze engine and comp. what i need to know is will the gearbox bolt straight up (pretty sure i will but just checking) and will it be able to hold the power? also is the loom the same, can i just plug in the new comp? any help would be appricated Shane Report
July 3, 200620 yr Author comment_126498 no. mine i think is an import or jap spec or sumtin but thats the original motor Report
July 3, 200620 yr comment_126612 didnt the ae82 csx came out with a 4ac? Fake CSX Badge perhaps? I've never heard of an imported AE82 with a twincam. They were all Aus delivered to my knowledge And if it was imported, you would have a big ugly green compliance plate in your engine bay. Nick and Rthy are correct, The AE82 CSX only came out in the 4A-C, The twin cam edition was a step up sports pack including: 4 wheel discs, factory strut brace, sports s/wheel and a few other accessories, Does yours have rear wheel disc or drum brakes? Report
July 3, 200620 yr Author comment_126670 yeah it must be the sports one has all that crap. but it also has the cs-x badge! i just talked to my bro who used to own it and he said it was an aus delivered. can some one explanin what the hell it is? the badge is CS-X Report
July 3, 200620 yr comment_126681 Someone must of put it on there or they have changed the tailgate, has it got twincam 16 on it, have you got any pics. AE82 CSX Seca: AE82 Twincam Seca: (the red 1's) Report
July 3, 200620 yr Author comment_126697 ok it has the twincam 16 steering wheel, on the id plate it has engine : 4age ,it has the csx badge on it and had colur coded bumpers. the boot is the original one and the badges have been there since production. i will get pics 2morrow if u want. i can give u the numba off the complienec plate let me know Report
July 3, 200620 yr comment_126698 Nah dude it is a Twincam 16, a step up to the CSX, basically it goes C, CS, CSX And Twincam which as i said is a sportyer csx. Report
July 3, 200620 yr Author comment_126700 so it could still have the csx badge if its the sporty csx Report
July 3, 200620 yr comment_126704 Hi, Nice work on the rolla in the photos with the celica box going in. I think I would rather stay with the K range of motors so it is easier to get rego as in QLD if u put wild seat covers on u risk having to up grade your car to make it legal it is so tight..lol But I was able to find a good wrecker in Ipswich today that sells a fair amount of corolla stuff so I am trying to get an old KE1X or KE2X from him as I like them more as there lighter so faster. But I saw one guy said that he was at willobank once and couldn't get a box to ft in his rolla. Do you guys meet at Willowbank as I am a 10 minute drive away so would love to pop in one day? Also with the distributor off the 5K motor will it fit into a 3K with no hassle eg gear on end of shaft ratio..etc as I want to go electric dizzy in rolla to ditch points . And I have heard from some people that the end of the run KE70 with the 4K did get some electric ignition modules in them is this true? Thanks Cameron Report
July 3, 200620 yr comment_126708 Ok i dunno what that had to do with this post, i tried to pm u but it didnt work, I'm from tivoli, ipswich. Reply in msn [email protected] Report
July 3, 200620 yr comment_126723 Yes sorry my last post went in wrong place I'm not used to this type of forum..lol I usually use yahoo. Cameron Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now