How To Mod To Increase Turning Radius???

Members dont see this ad

Increase the turning radius ?

Don't turn the steering wheel as far :dance:

Or if your talking about being able to turn the car in a smaller circle. Take out the steering stops, but then you'll start scrubbing the tires against the guards at full lock. And/or lengthen the knuckle arms (or whatever their called - the things where the ball joints are mounted for the steering arms) but you start running into weird handling querks.....

Better still, three-point-turns :abuse:

Alternatively you could either cut and shut the existing arms (dodgy version) or (preferably) weld on another taper with gussets on it further down the arm.

Same result minus the silly price tag.

Some people probably don't like the idea of welding a casting though, it can be done in a structurally sound manner (depending somewhat on the casting itself) if you are game and have a good welder.

I believe there is a kit for the FC3S RX7 that does just that but in bolt on form.

Like so.

I think Satoru Works makes aftermarket short arms to (probably even more expensive then ps arms).

modded_spindle_left_1.JPG

modded_spindle_right_2.JPG

My cranks on my pushbike are cast (iron ?) and have been welded at one stage. I weigh 80kg and regularly drop off two metre ledges, and I haven't had a problem with cracking on the weld or anything. Therefore I am a firm believer that you CAN weld cast xxx without a large problem providing you aren't stick welding or something stupid like that, and that you are competent in welding....

Just my two bobs worth..

• 2 weeks later...