KE30 aircon

So i have a corolla ke30 2 door with a 4age engine but there is no aircon components for it, would it be better if i should just find the components for the 4age aircon or just get an electric aircon kit and if so any recommendations?

IMG_20231202_143238259.jpg

Members dont see this ad

There are a lot of parts to hunt down for the AE86 aircon and they are old, worn out and expensive. If you can find them. 

But the upsurge in AE86 prices has people looking to restore to factory.

If there are modern alternatives in a complete kit you can retrofit I would be doing that. What has your research thrown up so far. 

Agree with Pete completely.  Find an aftermarket compressor, of comparable  size.  Big task, but has been done before.  Suggest you search on the 4AGE website forums, as there are a number of suggestions there.  Whatever way you go, you are probably still going to need the 4AGE AC adapter bracket, which ever compressor setup, You finally decide upon.

https://justjdmimports.com/product/toyota-ae86-4ag-16v-new-non-pwr-str-a-c-bracket/

Good luck !

P.S.  Did you save up, for the imported short shifter ?

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo

Did your KE30 have aircon to start with??  The plastic vents under the dash are quite different between having it or not, and there's quite a bit of work to do if you have to find those parts and pull out the dash to fit them.