July 22, 200620 yr comment_129806 hey everyone I'm new here, I'm from adelaide and i own a 1970 ke11 rolla. Been thinking about converting a 86 rolla engine(1.6L) into my rolla just wondering what needs to be done etc??? any help would be greatly appreciated :hammer: Cheers evryone, chat later Report
July 22, 200620 yr comment_129809 what kinda engine is it......... 2t ,3t ,4k, 3k ,5k Edited July 22, 200620 yr by c budge Report
July 22, 200620 yr comment_129815 a 86 rolla engine(1.6L) i think he gave a hint here. :hammer: obviously from the 4A family. 4age? Report
July 22, 200620 yr comment_129881 2t ,3t ,4k, 3k ,5k 86 Corolla? Didn't they drop the KE designation in 85 and run AE designation throughout the whole Corolla range? Therefore, it has to be an A series engine... and apart from the obvious that he won't be running a 2t/3t or 3k/5k (never came out in a non TE series Corolla (T series motor) and 3k/5k (were only in KE20-30/Liteace))..... but anyway So what are you planning on running? The 4a-c from the AE71 or the 4a-ge/gze from the AE82 or AW11? Dan. Edited July 22, 200620 yr by Dan Report
July 23, 200620 yr comment_129920 hey everyone I'm new here, I'm from adelaide and i own a 1970 ke11 rolla. Been thinking about converting a 86 rolla engine(1.6L) into my rolla just wondering what needs to be done etc??? any help would be greatly appreciated :P Cheers evryone, chat later Adelaidian with a ke11 aye!? got any pics? I've owned a ke11 with a 4ac so if you got any specific questions send me a pm. cheers, Scott. Report
July 23, 200620 yr comment_129981 Mr ROL-110 is like the resident Adelaide KE1x nutjob! :P Edited July 23, 200620 yr by Raven Report
July 28, 200620 yr Author comment_130908 Adelaidian with a ke11 aye!? got any pics?I've owned a ke11 with a 4ac so if you got any specific questions send me a pm. cheers, Scott. got plenty of questions lol, i was told by a mate that the 86 rolla engine n box is a bolt on job? do u no if its true or not? also been thinking about puttiin a 4-agze motor in the rolla? got ne ideas? cheers Report
July 28, 200620 yr comment_130936 I wouldn't say bolt in. If you're talking about the 4AGE and you want to do it yourself, there is a fair bit of work involved, including engine mounts, gearbox mount, exhaust, inlet manifold mods (if using a FWD manifold), wiring, fuel system and diff. Edited July 28, 200620 yr by Raven Report
July 29, 200620 yr comment_131018 As mick said its definately a long way from "bolt in". There is always more work than you first think. the ke11 i had with the 4a had a custom firewall! I know this is not necessary as i've seen the conversion done without modifying the firewall but it gives you an idea of how close a fit it will be. No interested in going with a 5k? thats more along the lines of a bolt in job.... you got any pics of the '11 yet? I wanna see em :lolcry: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now