Fuel Pumps And Surge Tanks

Des

do not put high pressure through the carby lines!

either get proper fuel lines made up, or use high pressure efi rubber lines.

id go withthe proper metal ones

all this is covered on the internet in a few different write ups by the way

so even the metal fuel lines have to be replace for high pressure ones , i would have thought they'de good for at least 100 psi , cause i have just finished setting up the fuel system in my boot and i thought only the rubber lines needed to be replaced by high pressure ones .

where do ya get high pressure metal fuel lines from anyway ? or would braided line be allright to run under the car ?

heres a pic of mine Too quick

1060750gf3.jpg

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a tank being in the engine bay the lift pump will get fuel there BUT....

It will take a while to initally prime. When you key flicks the ignition ont eh car the high pressure pump starts and lift pump. So the added delay in fuel getting to the main pump could fry it faster. I would have the lift pump close to the main pump but lifter has to be in main tank so....

Unless you can fit a 555 time circuit so the lift pump comes on the say 5 seconds later the main pump comes on thus fuel should be at the main pump and reduce wear.

Cameron

But ont he high pressure pump if it picks fuel up from the ottom wont the fuel run pass the pump anyway just get through it and crap? I

But if I think about it to even if fuel gets seeps throught eh vanes in the pump into the fuel rail the rail has the pressure reg on one end so it will hold the fuel there so...but I woudl still like a timer to make the car more spiffy adn just to have it..lol

As a 555timer circuit piss easy to do for any application..

Cameron

Can the lift pump be mounted in the surge tank instead of the fuel tank ?

EDIT: i think i will just mount the surge tank in the boot in the spare tire well for now.

Edited by too quick