Fuel Pumps And Surge Tanks

Des

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuel pump wont be as much of a problem though. (compared to turbo lag)

two things you may have to watch though

1. power draw, ie the power it sucks off the engine 13A is a fair bit. (not really a huge problem)

2. and the size of the return line, coz if it is too small for 325lph then it may cause over-presure problems as it can't flow that much fuel back to the tank

just a thought

2. and the size of the return line, coz if it is too small for 325lph then it may cause over-presure problems as it can't flow that much fuel back to the tank

I see you're point and you've got me thinking :P

Will get back to you about that.

i've got an 044 on daisy Without a surge tank and Without a lift pump. the only time it cavitates is when i hit a corner hard and there's less than 1/4 tank. it was used on the starlet i pulled it off of, and i've been using it for 4 years now w/o any problems outside of the wiring

it draws MAJOR power; i think the 13a may have been conservative. Run 10g. wire, with lots of relays

as far as a timer goes; run your lift pump from the ign + terminal and run your m,ain pump throught a ground relay hooked to an oil pressure idiot light sender

Turn on your key= lift pump, crank engine, maun oump kicks in when there's oil pressure, also if you crash, it will kill the main pump

Bosch 910 is going to be used now but I'm just wondering can the pressure pump be hooked up to a simple on/off toggle switch to stop little bastards from getting far with my car and to cut the fuel if need be ?

Des,

My uncles LX torana race car has a fuel pump wired into a manual switch to turn it on and off but for a road car as mike said just hook it ingo your oil pump sender.

But with this way if you need some fuel pressure to get good fuel atomisation to get hte motor going and it takes a while to get oil pressure you will crank for a while till you get A) oil pressure B) then fuel pressure C)then car will go so a good battery a must.

But in your new honda the parentals bought when you turn the key to on the pump runs till pressure is reached then you can hear it stop. If you then start the car it starts to run again. Maybe rig the pump up like this?

Cameron