What Engine Is In This?

Des

Members dont see this ad
From Wikipedia..

The 1.4 L (1397 cc) 6A-FC was the only 1.4 variant, produced from 1989 through 1992. Output was 82 hp (61 kW) at rpm and 87 ft·lbf (117 N·m) at rpm. Cylinder bore was 76 mm (3 in) and stroke was 77 mm (3.03 in) for this 4-valve DOHC engine

thank you do you have the power figures for a 4afc?

just ask my sister wtf is wikipedia? now i know i looked didnt find much on 4afc!!

Edited by too quick

Man.....

That ad encompasses everything I hate about bogans.

I bet he thinks he's a car enthusiast.

I bet thats what 90% of non-enthusiasts think one is as well (You know, a f@$kwit hoon).

However, the upside to the ad is that it proves bogans will always be poor, and therefore powerless in society: some dipshit is going to pay at least $2350 for that heap!

(Sorry about the profanity, but that really makes my blood boil)

three things i see wrong with that add is that in the details of the car he says its a 1.6 arnt 6afc 1.4 I'm sure they are so, he has keeped that engine in it o god my 4afc got slow in the first week i had it and there is a bonnet scoop that does nothing for the car if your goin to have the bonnet scoop make sure it actually does somthing but hey thats my opinion. :)

The 6A M/T sticker on the head immediately identifies it as a 6AFC, as no other 6As were produced.

However, as the engine has been reconditioned (apparently), it is possible that it is a 4A with a 6A head, although the 6A head should be identical to a 4AFC head apart from the sticker.

Or, he could be an idiot and not know what he's got under the bonnet, or he does know and is trying to scam people

I've posted a question on eBay asking him exactly what engine it is, lets see if we get an answer....

One thing for certain, it is an eyecatcher, unfortunately it's an eye-bleeder as well

Word is that the engine is reco-ed, and the receipt says 1.6L, so it is possible that it's a 4A just with a 6AFC head, should be identical to a 4AFC

But I'd still have my doubts until I checked the engine block. Still wouldn't go within 10 feet of buying the car though, it's pretty obvious that the owner has no respect for cars.