Handbrake Cables

demuire

Members dont see this ad

Yes that was one of the reasons why it wasn't working, and it's wrecked the shorter handbrake cable as well (it rubbed all the paint off my chassis rail and melted on the exhaust). But no worries, got the cable off the other diff and the cables are all sorted now. Handbrake works almost as well as the old drums were in the beginning now, still not 100% but a hell load better than it was the other day. Hopefully they'll "wear in" like the old ones did too...

Have to rebleed the brakes again tonight, I think when I reassembled the drums I got a bit of air in the system.

we accually compared the two backing plates...they are identical...even the shoes...slaves are the same (PBRs)

edit: oh i don't just mean theyre the same brand...they are the same internally (we rebuilt KE30 ones and the KE20 ones at the same time...)

all the backing plates have the same bolt pattern, even ke10 ones i believe, but everything else about them is different

ke20 and 30 jap handbrakes are different, as the backing plate spaces the shoes out further on a ke30, as their axle flange is longer. but yes, the internal bits are the same

all the backing plates have the same bolt pattern, even ke10 ones i believe, but everything else about them is different

no, the ke10 series bolt pattern is different to all later cars. :sad: otherwise i would have upgraded long ago.

• 2 weeks later...