Qms4: Cancelled!

mumblezzz

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nick: You deal with your CTP company, not your actual insurance (as in, like additional insurance) company. No, they don't ask you for your rating, or your mods, or your driving history or anything.

You just go to them with the details of your car and the supp regs and your conversation will go a little something like this:

---

Nick: "Hi, I'd like to get extended cover (aka Rally Extension) on the CTP for my car"

Insurance person: "Okay, what are your details, the details of your car, and what date would you like the cover?"

Nick: "well my name is Nick Bajic, and my rego number is 123XXX, and it is a 198x Toyota Corolla. I'd like it for this event" (hands over sup regs)

Insurance person: "No problems" (types lots of things into computer and prints out letter to confirm) "Here you go"

Nick: (checks details and makes sure they are correct) "Thanks"

(at this point depending on who you have CTP with this might happen:

Insurance person: That will be $X, thank you.

(Nick hands over $X)

---

And that's it. Seriously, it's not that hard. I got mine done today at lunch time, the lady at the counter (I can't remember her name but she's a really nice lady and she's pretty too :D) did it in about 5 minutes. She even remembered me, and remembered most of the details about the car.

fook, i read through the entry form and supp regs, but i can't see anything about needing additional insurance???

the only thing about insurance i saw was: "Personal Accident Insurance is included in the entry fee and the organisers reserve the right to refuse any entry."

we didn't need any additional insurance for the previous motorkhanas. am i missing something??

Doug: No, it's not in the supp regs. Great innit? But yes, you will need it, or at least that's the word going around higher up the chain.

Reason we haven't needed it before is because we've managed to get those big plastic divider things all the way around the motorkhana grounds. This time it's being held at BWCP, and we've been told by the organisers that they don't have enough rope or other way to keep the general public out, so CAMS requires that competitors get extended cover.

Uh Oh! Bad news...

Gold Coast City Council in their infinite wisdom have gone and double booked the BWCP with another food and wine event thing. We are franticly searching for another venue and I'll know by tommorow whether the event will go on or not.

f@$king f@$k. :D

Yea I think it's cause we're only renting out the carpark area. They generally don't give us their dates available till fairly late (making it very hard to plan the dates in advance) and then if they get a better deal somewhere else then they just kick us out. Very annoying. I'm glad we've found the new grounds at the drag strip (car park), will make it much easier to run motorkhana's now...

do we actually know if the event is cancelled? if we haven't had it confirmed, is it a bit premature to call this thread "QMS 4: cancelled!!"?????

have a few of BSCC people lined up to go to the event, so want to give them as much notice as possible if the event actually has been cancelled. Rumours can be an awful thing!!!

datgirl desperately seeking info