Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

V6 Into Ke70

Featured Replies

As I have done this conversion and currently driving it as my daily in a ke30, it was a great conversion, making a fun car, Cheap to do.

 

It would be nice to have a rack and pinion steering as the right exhaust manifold needs a little mod in a ke30 maybe there is a little more room in the ke70.

 

So to answer all questions, Yes it does fit in a ke30 so it will fit in a ke70.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Views 62.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PUT A V8 IN IT MATE YOU WONT REGRET IT JUSK ASK DAN!! HE KNOWS EVERYTHING MAN

Edited by PROJECTROLLA

No, because....

- a V8 sounds like a V8 (defect bait)

- a V6 is cheaper

- will fit in alot easier than a V8

- are more plentiful than a V8

- better value for money than a V8

- costs more to run than a V6

- and i doubt a standard diff woudl be able to cope with the power of a V8 for long

 

Also, there would be a stupid amount of weight over the front, more so than a V6... the list could go on.

 

Why the f@$k would you regret not going straight to a V8 in the first place?

Could someone measure a KE70 engine bay for me?

 

I'm looking into a straight 6 conversion into one, but I don't wanna buy the car then find out the engine bay is going to be way too short to fit it.

 

I know it probably wont, but I'll be mounting the radiator further forward and cutting the firewall if need be..

 

So yeah, anyone with a KE70 care to measure from firewall to radiator support bar, and from strut tower to strut tower?

 

Cheers!

if it can go in a ke30 it can go in a ke70

yeah true dan!!! just thought a v8 would sound crazy lol my mates got a ke30 v8 with nos i posted pics of it ages ago should be all finish next month anyway yeah if this guy is gonna do it 6 in a ke70 good luck champ and all the best mate!!! you wont regret it jus ask dan he'll tell ya!!

Edited by PROJECTROLLA

silhouhette, a straight 6...what motor?

my 1g is a very tight squeeze, ill measure the bay tonight, but my rad has been moved and the thermos mounted on hte outside inbetween intercooler and radiator.

the firewall can be massaged back a fair distance in crucial places to fit a motor, what motor is it ?

I'd say that hes entertaining the fact of putting either a 250 X-flow or a 4.0L in it?

 

If so, there is a bloke on here that has a KE20 with a supercharged (?) 250 X-Flow KE20, and a RB30ET KE20 - if he can fit those motors in a KE20, you'd be able to fit them in a KE30-55-70 I'd think ('20 is a smaller engine bay)...

 

There is also another fella who had a 202 in a KE30. The radiator was mounted on the side of the engine, and the 202 took up the majority of the space between the rad support and firewall, lol. I also know of another bloke with a 202 KE30, he races junior sedans and built the 202 powered beast as a burnout car/paddock basher, haha. Goes pretty hard I'm told. I actually always wanted to build a 202 '30 since Geoff told me of it.

 

Good luck with the conversion, and post pics!! Because I want to learn from other peoples trial and error before I give it a shot, haha.

 

Dan

what makes u think that dan?

extensive firewall mods would have to be done to get a 4.0L into the engine bay of a ke70

Assumed because this is a thread about putting Aussie motors into little Jap cars :y:

 

But actually putting a bit more thought into it, I'm gunna assume that he wants to put a RB30 in it (r31 sillhoute) haha.

 

I don't see why a 4.0L shouldn't fit in it (extensive firewall mods needed, perhaps) because I know of a 250 X-Flow KE20, the 250 is a very similar size to the 4.0L

Picture of SUS-020s engine bay. Owner is PMP-020.

 

Looks as though there was a shitload of firewall cut out for the 4.1L 250 X-Flow, haha.

 

post-684-1164882728.jpg

thats my point, theres alot of firewall hole making to fit such a big donk in there

Yep, I eat my words, just don't remember it eating sooo much firewall.

 

I'll try and dig up the pictures of the 202 KE20

 

Dan

What a dumb shit. I put up a photo of a Torana instead of the KE20. Pics will come later hahaha

 

Then there is Geoffs old 202 KE30 (Rolla Boy)

post-684-1164884458_thumb.jpg

post-684-1164884515_thumb.jpg

post-684-1164884543_thumb.jpg

 

I guess I could see what else I can dig up....

post-684-1164884290.jpg

Edited by Dan

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.