Ke10,identity Crisis

What year was my ke10 made?this car was never fitted with compliance plate just engine i.d. plate

body num is ke10244447 if that helps,previous owner says 67 but apparently we didnt get them that early any ideas?.

car has parts from mexico and korea.my internal door locks work by pushing the door handle forwards is this common?

this is my second rolla in 2 years so i don't know the ins and outs just yet.

Members dont see this ad
What year was my ke10 made?this car was never fitted with compliance plate just engine i.d. plate

body num is ke10244447 if that helps,previous owner says 67 but apparently we didnt get them that early any ideas?.

car has parts from mexico and korea.my internal door locks work by pushing the door handle forwards is this common?

this is my second rolla in 2 years so i don't know the ins and outs just yet.

G`day mate, from memory the easiest way to tell the diffrence in ke10 models is by the difference in grille. It took about thirty seconds of searching Google Images to find various photos.

Sometimes you just gotta do some of the work yourself.

P.S. compliance plates were not fitted to vehicles in australia until the early seventies.

Good luck.

Old fella, unfortunately grills can be changed as can tail lights etc.

Does it have the hole in the dash to suit the 'bug eye' intruments or the flat type?

We may not have gotten the 67 model here but there is always the chance it's an import...

EASY. All KE rollas you can tell year of make by the VIN number.

KE1X series. the stock KE10 sedan models made in the year of 1967 go from KE10-000001 to KE10-260000

KE10 made in 1968 to 69/early 70 go from KE10-260001 to KE10-412001

Also in the 69/early 70 erra KE11 starts at KE11-000001 now the date in my toyota book isnt listed for KE11 ending as it goes into KE20 so not sure on the last vin of a KE11.

Also have all the vin numbers and dates for KE16/15/17/18 etc you name it got them all.

So your vin of KE10-24XXXXXX puts it in the year of 1967.

Easy

Cameron

Take the Vin number and run it by the rolla database in the automotive section. You should be able to see where it sits and what year it would be.

Failing that does it have an old rego sticker??

There was a 66 very late in the year I belive. But in this book I have from toyota it doesnt list it at all. Maybe there were a few kinda made KE10-000001 etc in late 66 but had 67 stamped on them.

Toyota made a book with all models and the vin numbers and which year the car was in. I have this book. So I know what is typed above is very accurate.

Cheers

Cameron

G`day mate, from memory the easiest way to tell the diffrence in ke10 models is by the difference in grille. It took about thirty seconds of searching Google Images to find various photos.

Sometimes you just gotta do some of the work yourself.

P.S. compliance plates were not fitted to vehicles in australia until the early seventies.

Good luck.

you can't identify a car with the grille buddy,I'm sure someone will know by numbers

EASY. All KE rollas you can tell year of make by the VIN number.

KE1X series. the stock KE10 sedan models made in the year of 1967 go from KE10-000001 to KE10-260000

KE10 made in 1968 to 69/early 70 go from KE10-260001 to KE10-412001

Also in the 69/early 70 erra KE11 starts at KE11-000001 now the date in my toyota book isnt listed for KE11 ending as it goes into KE20 so not sure on the last vin of a KE11.

Also have all the vin numbers and dates for KE16/15/17/18 etc you name it got them all.

So your vin of KE10-24XXXXXX puts it in the year of 1967.

Easy

Cameron

cheers mate i knew someone would have the info,see people this is how to post a useful answer how the hell could images and grilles help.

They started making new models late in the year before. Like everyone knows that KE30's started in 1975 but alot of 2 door KE30's are dated October 1974.

Same as my old KE30. Stamped September 1978 and in October 1978 is when the KE55's started production.

Yeah my KE30 is like that Jip was built when KE55 had started so lots of people say oh I like ur 55 when actually it is a KE30.

but the corolla range when you read this book is weird to see actual how much the moedls crossed over between transitions. The book list the model of car and year and VIN number range in order of the makes. eg. Go to corolla it goes from KE1X to 2X etc showing VIN and model in the range in order. But...

The KE38 wagon last run was in 1980 with VIN starting at: KE38-003360 But it doesn't list an end one. This wagon looks 100% like a KE55 sedan but in wagon form. Now the previous run of the KE38 looks like a KE30 and not a 55 like the 1980 model. But in the book a few cars back it list the TE72 which started in 1979 with frame number TE72-0400092. So it shows that toyota was still making KE38 when the KE55 range was in full swing so they had KE55 fronts and that but ran KE38 on the identification plate so weird they didnt just call it a KE58. And the TE72 was all ready in production when this was happening.

Its weird how the models rolled out the factory line. It is a good Book to see that.

The book is called: Model Identification. Has TOYOTA genuine parts symbol they use all over some pages and the synopsis on the book says it si for the professional to quickly identify a Toyota appearing on Australian roads to assist in correct ordering of parts. So it list a picture type eg. KE1X then some more in depth info like auto manual etc and then VIN number range of that run. Kinda cool. So list corolla sprinters crowns every Toyota handy to have.

• 13 years later...