4k-c Stalls At Idle Speed

rjenman

Members dont see this ad

before it actually came out i was having on and off problems with stalling like that, so also check it is properly connected even if its hasn't come out.

I am just glad I saw this before I started messing around with the carb too seriously

i've had hassles with these stupid things before.

on some ke10 and ke20 carbs there is a blanking bolt. you just put it in your later carb allowing you to do away with the solenoid.

if you remove the solenoid: in hot weather, or if you have overadvanced timing, or a lean mixture......you could experience runon or dieselling when you turn your car off.

Edited by Felix

Funny; I came upon this just last weekend. Have built a test bed on the garage floor out of a couple of 200mm x 50mm hardwood sleepers I got from the local landscape supplier. Had the 5K on it to test run it before dropping in into the car.

Anyway, started up first pop, after strip down & rebuild, but would not idle. Read up & discovered the purpose of the fuel solenoid; wired it up, and perfect idle.

"putting in corner of memory" . . . . . . . If ever out on the road with major electical problem, and have to hot wire ignition to get car going, always remember to run a wire from Bat +ve to fuel solenoid.

:thumbsup: