Just1n's Ms55 Crown

Just1n_mc

After deciding that it was time for an older Toyota to enjoy over the summer months the search began.

After looking for an early Corolla or RT40 Corona with no luck I decided to broaden my horizons to Crowns. Why I never looked at Crowns before is beyond me but i'm sure as hell glad I did.

After a week and a half of searching I stumbled across an elderly gentlemen selling his 1970 MS55 in S.A. I rang the number and the rest is history. He had owned the car for the last 19 years (he's 79) after purchasing it from a 92 year old who'd owned it since new. I drove up on a Sunday morning and after some haggling she was on a trailer and I was on my way back home to Vic that afternoon.

She's a 2M powered 3 speed with overdrive. The old bloke I bought it off claims it has a genuine 26,000 miles on the clock as he rarely drove it since he bought it except for the odd wedding.

Since i've owned it i've lowered it, put on some whitewalls and have a venetian for it that I haven't fitted yet.

Anyways pictures speak louder than words so here she is:

justincar311.jpg

justincar305.jpg

justincar312.jpg

08080.jpg

justincar308.jpg

07171p.jpg

justincar310.jpg

Edited by Just1n_mc

Members dont see this ad

Mate that is literally one of the most beautiful Yota's I have seen. Can't believe we let that slip over the border to Victoria. :)

Please put the venetian in and do nothing further. It is absolutely perfect!

Jeezuz it looks airbrushed. Look at that interior and engine bay. :(

Do me a favour at some point and go take some nice pics of it in an amazing location so I can have it as my screen background. I would sell a body part for that car!

Cheers guys. The only thing thats going to happen to the car is to put the venetian in and enjoy her! As much as the AM radio shits me I can't see me changing it, not even fitting a cd player in the glovebox or under a seat. I have however gotten my hands on a disc brake front end for her that i'll change at some stage down the track.

The dash pad has a very slight bend on the drivers side but i've got a dashmat made for her to try and stop it getting any worse.

Wow...that is minty fresh!

Insanely low km's and it shows. I'd be too scared to drive it!

I reckon I'd wrap it up and unwrap it on my birthday.....look at it, rub myself on it then wrap it up again.

But that's just me because I am wierd.

Rad car man.....rad car!

I reckon I'd wrap it up and unwrap it on my birthday.....look at it, rub myself on it then wrap it up again.

But that's just me because I am wierd.

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha !!!

I now know that I could never own this car because I would wake up one morning, look out my window..... and well see ratiara rubbing himself on it :(