Myles's Ke10!!

10ROLLA

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks mate i really take into consideration what peoples comments say and i am undisided as of yet wether i keep it original or not. My first plan was to keep it original but i saw the nicest bright yellow ke20 in capalaba (brisbane) the other day and it looked modified and it really caught my eye and i loved it. (if neone noes the car that kinda matches that discription please send me some pics, i fell in love with that car at first site).

and I'm defenly gettin white walls with the ke20 hud caps i got on it! and I'm gonn get some venitians lol i love em.

Cheers, Myles!

(p.s. i will try lay off the exclamation marks, its just a habbit!)

!!!!!

keep up the good work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

id go 4AGZE and love life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:y:

hehe, only teasin, but yeah, 4agze, schmicko stock exterior, looowwww.

would look soo awesome :no2: !!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I have just finished cuttin out every thing there is to cut out of mdf for my car, i have also degrease the hole engine bay and crossmembers and everything for what it looked like the first time in 38 years. still havent started on interior, but my brother is gonna be lookin after me for a month or so in the beginning of febuary and should do the interior then hopefully otherwise i will be cuttin sick (angry), also about the rust........ the guy we no can't do the job for a couple of months cus his sister crashed her car and he is doin all the work on that so there goes the only person i no that will come out to me to do the body work! so its not all goin to plan on the old rolla! So if u no of ne panel beaters that r cheap but good and are willing to come to me to do the job, please let me not!

i have been shining some chrome on my car including my ke20 hub caps, they came up beautful and will be up for sale after sunday as I'm gonna buy ke10 hub caps to go with my ke10 of course. on sunday i am also buying personalised plates off the guy i bought the car off sayin OKE100 which i am happy about so in some area's the corolla is slowly gettin betta! i am also lookin for a ke20 diff centre as i have herd ke20 diff centers bolt straight into the ke10 diff. as my ke10 diff is locked, in order to pass road worthy i need a normal diff so if ne1 has or noes some1 selling a ke20 diff center please let me no asap!

if u want the ke20 hub caps just pm me otherwise they will go up for sale in the car parts section next week!

Cheers Myles

Edited by ROLLA's

Ova the weekend i bought personalised number plates off scott (the guy i bought the car off) and then went to chris's house and got some ke10 hub caps. the number plates say OKE - 100 u prob seen them on his old ke11, it was green he only sold it a lil while ago i think it is gettin around with oke - 69 on it! anyway yeah then that night i hoped on the net askin round for a normal diff cus mine is locked, herd that the ke20 diff fit in the 10's housing so redwarf said he had a spare one for me and could have it for 50 bucks went and got that tuesday night then, today when i got early finish for school i fitted my new diff center in fits like a dream! here are some pics of the locked diff and and new one fitted in! and a few extra's just thrown in.

Lock diff! (gonna keep it for a few fun times!)

post-2670-1170243903_thumb.jpg

New Diff center out of a ke20 fitted!

post-2670-1170244077_thumb.jpg

one of the open drum brakes and stuff!

post-2670-1170244260_thumb.jpg

Hey guys got some good news! when i receaved the email about the Bathurst it showed me my log in name so i remembered my password and logged into it so this will be my normal account! sorry to screw you all around with it! anyway the other account wont be put to waste my brother will take ova it and if i can talk him around, he may just post up a thread about his 1974 ke20.

About the KE10, Me and my brother have been workin on the interior, have got all the cut outs done and made our own hood lining and other pieces that are gonnna make it look shmic! to hard to explain everything but this is stage one for re-triming the interior! here are some pics.

Head lining

post-2244-1170765385_thumb.jpg

Few bits! had to make the arm rests in the back our selves as the original layouts were terrible, just gotta do one last thing on them and they r finished!

post-2244-1170765772_thumb.jpg

there r a few more i may post a lil later! here are some video's of the car when i first got it and took it for a lil spin in my back yard! oh and the flame thrower.

Flame Thrower!

Back yard skid

Cheers Myles!

Edited by 10ROLLA

• 4 weeks later...

ok all just a lil update on the interior, is takin WAY WAY longer then expected but its better then nothing! we have only got the bottom of the driver side seat complete! any way here are some pics of the progess.

first we glued vynil to a thin layer of foam!

post-2244-1172829696_thumb.jpg

then glued new foam onto the seat and sculptured it! (only got pics of the bottom half but u get the idea)

post-2244-1172829912_thumb.jpg

then sowed the original pin stripe "look" into the vynil and foam to go in the middle of the seat!

post-2244-1172830067_thumb.jpg

then sowed the lil side flaps on

post-2244-1172830170_thumb.jpg

then came along the pipeing and the front aprone/edge of the seat, (in this pic it wasnt complete)

post-2244-1172830287_thumb.jpg

then i vyniled a lil interior insert i made, it sits under the back windscreen and ontop of the parcel shelf

post-2244-1172830382_thumb.jpg

still gonna be workin on the interior tonight and maybe tomoro! is takin for ages but i would rather a job that looks great and took a while, then a job that is dodgie and looks like sh*t.

Cheers Myles!

• 4 weeks later...

thanks mate! the interior looks good ey I'm really pleased with it, it is still happenin but very slowly, anyway me,my brother and our dad all went 3rds in a welder yesterday so i started on the rust today! i got 3/4's of the way through the first bit of rust when the lil portable bottle they come with became empty, so me and dad jumped in the car and bought an "E" size bottle or something (decent size bottle) with the lot, then got home to find out the size hose they said would fit doesnt, so i only got this far thisarvo and will probly continue ova the weekend! please note this is my first eva go at tryin to weld so i think its a good atempt!

here are the pics

as u can see in this pic it looked like only a few lil holes that could be spot welded ova, but as for usual when really looked at it went deeper and wouldnt be long until it boke out again.

post-2244-1175152527_thumb.jpg

so i cut the section out and clean all up then gave it a quick spray just to help prevent it from rust later on!

post-2244-1175152860_thumb.jpg

then i cut metal out of the roof that i cut off the ke55 (if u want to see a ke55 convertible have a look in automotive discussion) then welded it into place until the bottle went empty, which was like 5 minutes of welding?

post-2244-1175153226_thumb.jpg

thats all for today!

Cheers Myles

ok guys, as i left the rust repair i started on thursay untill yesterday to start on again it covered itself in surface rust, so i grinded it all off and started welding again and blew holes into it everywhere so i cut that piece out and welded a new piece into it, this time the weld was a bit everywhere but it did the job. i painted it just to seal it from surface rust for when i strip the hole car down to bare metal. i also fixed the rust under the rear drivers side tail light! here are the pics i will bog the shape back into it when I'm painting it

new peice welded in and painted

post-2244-1175589267_thumb.jpg

under the tail light rust, all grinded back

post-2244-1175589640_thumb.jpg

then the rear tailight rust repaired and painted!

post-2244-1175589842_thumb.jpg

hope u r havin a good read soo far

Cheers Myles