3sge Rwd Convert

chrisandliz

Just my opinion, having gone through the whole process and blown 3 engines and spend more money doing than I care to mention, buy the Altessa 3SGE Beams package, is $5000.00 seems like to much money then don't do the conversion, as doing a 185 or 205 engine conversion will cost you far more than that by the time it is in and running, even then there is no guarantee it will last more than 500kms........go the beams

Jon

Edited by Raceflo

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one (am doing one) at the moment. Car is driveable. As mentioned, a lot of fabrication. I have it in a KE25, issues with steering hitting belhousing (2s behousing) , custom manifolds, converted to hydrolic clutch, remote brakebooster etc. etc.

But it does sound nice, and from my first little drive down the street, seems to have reasonable torque withthe short inlet runners.

robj

I have one (am doing one) at the moment. Car is driveable. As mentioned, a lot of fabrication. I have it in a KE25, issues with steering hitting belhousing (2s behousing) , custom manifolds, converted to hydrolic clutch, remote brakebooster etc. etc.

But it does sound nice, and from my first little drive down the street, seems to have reasonable torque withthe short inlet runners.

robj

Pictures ? :P

• 1 year later...

Hi everyones, I m from malaysia & a newbie here. This gonna be my 1st post.

Here in malaysia, I & 2 friends have formed up a team for a 3sge plus 4throttles RWD project. My friend's TA23 gonna be the "guinea pig".

On hardware setup, we are using;

1S rwd bellhousing & T50 gbox. (don't shoot me, we are changing to W58 plus 2S or 2L (diesel) bellhousing very soon)

1S rwd oils sump

1S engine bracket for both side

3S-GTE flywheel, clutch plate & cover

Mitsubishi 4G91 CAS internal parts to replace 3S-GE dizzy internal parts (we mod the dizzy as CAS & it return signal to ECU (megasquirt) for wasted sparks setup)

Mitsubishi 4G91 coil pack

MS1v3 megasquirt ecu (we are turning to MS2v3 very soon)

ITB from 4A-GE 20v black top (the 4 throttles match on moded 3S-GE intake manifold)

1G starter motor (An adaptor plate need for the motor)

Need to reroute the waterline & oil cooler line

On initial setup, we ran the eng on bench, then we fixed it into the TA23 celica shell.

From our studies before we embarked this project;

1S eng is 1800cc SOHC & only marketed for JDM. As for rwd form, it match up with T50 (up to hold 150HP max)

In Japan, 1S could be found in lowest grade gen 3 celica SA6#, carina SA6# & corona ST14# (as I know Australian SA63 celica got 2S + W55)

To 3S-GE or 3S-GTE, is best to use W series gbox such 55, 57 or 58 & not 56 & 59 (56 & 59 got bigger ratio which only good for commercial transport where use to Toyota diesel engines such L series eng.

To fit W series gbox on 3S, will need bellhousing from 2S & 2L (diesel) engines

W50 from 1L (diesel) also fit to 3S but the gbox is quite heavy. In Malaysia we found this W50 & 1L bellhousing in CT140 corona. (most are taxis)

We are the sole proprietary of all technical mods you see in the pics posted here and would like a little courtesy from anyone who likes it and copy it for their own project in the future to at least let us know. I'm sorry but I'd not post any technical details on the mods.

Our main purpose for starting this project was to be the pioneer to run ITBs on the 3sge in FR configuration here in malaysia and this was something most workshops say could not be done or dun have the time to bother. We've proven it can be done and done on a small budget.

Hope this helps. :laff: :doh:

some pictures;

3SGEProj4Thrott030.jpg

3SGEProj4Thrott031.jpg

3SGEProj4Thrott023.jpg

3SGEProj4Thrott025.jpg

3SGEProj4Thrott029.jpg

Yeah!!!! we real love this radiator setup!!!! :( :lolcry: :lolcry: :yes: :y:

3SGEProj4Thrott034.jpg

DSC03413.jpg

DSC03417.jpg

silver celi getting a new heart

DSC03422.jpg

3SGE as FR in classic celi which turn ta23 to SA23

DSC03433.jpg

snug fit but not much difference as a T series engine and more importantly no cutting and knocking of the classic celi engine bay and firewall

More pics :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

3SGEProj4Thrott035.jpg

3SGEProj4Thrott036.jpg

3SGEProj4Thrott037.jpg

3SGEProj4Thrott038.jpg

3SGEProj4Thrott039.jpg

3SGEProj4Thrott040.jpg

video :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x7/my-c...E4Thrott001.flv

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x7/my-c...E4Thrott002.flv

http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x7/my-c...E4Thrott003.flv

Edited by TA35