4a-gze Piston Dish Volume

ancullen

I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find any specs on the volume of the piston dish for 4A-GZE pistons. I want to know this as I'd like to calculate what my compression ratio would be with a different head gasket. All that I have been able to establish so far is that the volume of each cylinder in a 4A-GE 16v's head is 39cc. Now all I need is the volume of the piston dish so I can do the calculation. If anyone knows this figure, or has a spare 4A-GZE piston sitting around that they can measure the volume with, could you please post the answer up here.

BTW, if there are any of you guys that work for Toyota who could get a definite answer on this figure, it would be much appreciated. And if you've got the time, it'd be good to know the volumes for each piston available so no-one runs in to this issue in the future as we can FAQ it.

Edited by ancullen

Members dont see this ad

I'm not sure. I'm hoping whoever can answer my question can also answer that one. The smallport 4A-GZE may use a different thickness head gasket (thinner), or the pistons could be different, or there could be a difference in the cylinder head volume between the smallport and bigport. Does anyone know? Teddy? TRD brothers? Redwarf?

• 4 months later...

why do you need to know the cc of the piston to work out the compression ratio change?

heres how I see it, you know this: existing compression ratio + stroke + bore and therfore you can easly work out the cc of the combustion chamber

from there you just work out the reduced volume of the thinner gasket and reduce that from your chamber cc and re work out the ratio, makes sense?