Ke70 Brake Issues?

tas_ae71

hey,

got a bit of a problem with the stoppers.

symptoms: when she is off the brakes feel good, when i start it up and its running they turn shit! the peddel have a lot more travel. a few times the brake warning light flashed on and stayed on for a while, when i braked it would go out and then back on (i thought it was a low fluid light).

checks: i have gave the fronts a bleed, but i do not think this is the problem, because they felt good before i bleed them and after, it impoved slightly. i also topped up the fluid and it wasnt low before. i cannot see any obvious leaks and i have checked the vaccum line while it was running again no problems that could see.

i think it maybe just the booster is fkd, i belive it has been replaced at one stage. it also has a asian imports sticker in it and "ke70" in white marker which wreckers often do.

any ideas, or people who have had this problem before if you could show some light on the problem that would be good

thanks

Members dont see this ad

na it idels fine, when its warm it idels a bit high tho..

although when i got it it wouldnt idel very well, so my old man screwd the ideler up on it, could probaly use winding back a little. brakes worked good when i first got it, and up until resently..

edit: also if it is the booster, will it give out all together and totaly f@$k its self, leaving me with nothing? but a feeling of of fk? or am i good to keep driving it just keeping in mind the brake has more travel and wont stop quite as good?

Edited by tas_ae71

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...c=10103&hl=

another thing to check is can you pump them up?

like, bit of speed up goin down a hill, hit brakes, feel them drop, off and back on in a hurry, does the pedal come back to where it should be?

don't know what it proves, except theres something not right lol

Had this type of trouble on the 30 other day. Under heavy braking the motor would stall. So removing my motor today I found one of my vacume lines had over time gone hard and cracked and was letting air in so lose of vacume was killing the motor so look at you lines?

Cameron

check the rear brake shoes are adjusted correctly

as i said, its only farked when the car is running mite, still wont hurt to try i surpose, but i don't think this is the problem

Had this type of trouble on the 30 other day. Under heavy braking the motor would stall. So removing my motor today I found one of my vacume lines had over time gone hard and cracked and was letting air in so lose of vacume was killing the motor so look at you lines?

it runs fine, i have checked all the joins, i didnt notice any cracked hoses.

the extra force provided by the booster would make the squishy-ness more obvious...

did you try and see if you can pump them up with car running?

yes and yes, still no better. thats why it puzzels me. but i still thin its the booster, not that i actually know how the booster works instde.

would series 1 t-18 work/fit? booster or master? cause i have both in working condition at a mates place...

just to clear up confusion. the brakes are good before the engine is started, when it it going and i havnt even backed out of the shed they are soft, no amount of pumping changes this. turn it off give it a 1 pump and its good and hard again. when driving it is the same as when it is stationary, soft and it takes alot of travel to before you hit any meat, even then it feels like you are stepping on a jelly fish.

edit: although it is for sale, I'm not just trying to bodge it up, i stull have to keep it and drive it until my ae71 is back on the road. i don't want someone else to crash and die bacause it has fail on them and they whernt expecting it..

Edited by tas_ae71