February 13, 200719 yr comment_163970 I'd like to send out a HUGE thanks to Steve for making my car able to stop again. No more grinding. Or having to use the handbrake in the wet. That was fun! Well not really, it was a little scary. The tail nearly overtook me a couple of time. Nearly. So, thank you Steve. Also, I managed to get my hands on the extractors and the box of random goodies. All for the total price of ZILCH. Haha, the bloke wanted to get rid of it all, so he just gave it to me. If I had the room, I would've grabbed the 5K as well. Not that I need it. Chester_fb grabbed that, along with a gearbox, flywheel, clutch, spare head, and the pushrods in the jar. He got a really good price on that well. A 6 pack!!! Talk about a deal. Well, thats it for now. Edited February 13, 200719 yr by philba Report
February 16, 200719 yr comment_164306 Another big thanks to Steve - for letting me swipe a heap of parts from one of his wrecks and for making sure I wasn't stuck under said wreck... Hopefully now that I have spares for the hillclimb car they'll just sit under the house and take up space. Report
February 16, 200719 yr comment_164348 don't drink beer on a ladder while painting 2nd story stuff Report
February 16, 200719 yr Author comment_164353 You did not did you :jamie: When will you learn :wink: Report
February 17, 200719 yr comment_164467 you think i'd get anywhere if i thought everything through?? hell man you just got to run on instinct sometimes! and instinct told me the packing crate wall needed painting, just didnt tell me to put the beer down, i blame it, not my lack of common sense Report
February 17, 200719 yr comment_164536 What a really strange night we had last night. Amy and I got bored so we went for a drive. No where in particular, just around. Ended up heading toward Tharwa, but the bridge is closed. But I kept driving in that direction anyway. As we were getting closer to the road closure, there was signs saying road closed ahead, but I wanted to have a look down that way. Noticed some tail lights of a parked car. Thought that was a bit strange at that hour, (nearly 10:30). Was about to turn around, when i noticed the road barriers were scattered all over the place, so I decided to check it out. Turns out the car had crashed through the barriers. Couldn't see anyone in the front seats, and I was about to look elsewhere for any sign of life when Amy found him in the back seat. Semi-conscious, and not speaking too well. Amy hands me the phone to ring the ambo. Amy keeps talking to him the whole time. Just to keep him awake, which probably kept him alive. The bottom of his sternum (breastplate) is about 2 inches lower than it should be. Amy went with him in the ambo, I stayed back to answer questions from the police. Then I when to the hospital to see how he was, and to get Amy. Answered more questions, gave them my details, etc. Amy did a really good job of keeping him awake and talking. Both the coppers and ambo's were happy with us that we called it in and helped as much as could. I think the main thing that saved his life was the air-bags. If it wasn't for them, we would've found a body. Report
February 20, 200719 yr comment_164849 i think i broke my left thumb, now i have a matched pair! :lolcry: ( <-- can't do that any more) Report
February 20, 200719 yr comment_164896 Now that was a stupid thing to do. Why would you want to do a thing a thing like that? Report
February 20, 200719 yr Author comment_164935 I told him and Jim told him to go get it checked......but NO Thomo will not go see if it is or not. Well guess what thomo? If you don't my wife will come down and drag you kicking and screming to a doctor.....and you don't want that do you? Or you can just drop by work and I will fine you a spare or 2 :lolcry: Report
February 21, 200719 yr comment_165020 if i go to the doctor they might put a cast on it or some shit, how the hell am i going to work with that? couple of days it will be fine Report
March 16, 200719 yr comment_168453 hi guys i am no longer a corolla owner anymore unfortunatly Report
March 17, 200719 yr Author comment_168588 Now why have you gone and done a silly thing like that for :P Report
March 18, 200719 yr comment_168698 Now why have you gone and done a silly thing like that for :P now thats a good question i needed a new car bigger than the rolla but smaller than the camry and i had money restrictions but yeah i will own another one oneday Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now