Act General Chat Section

Trendact

I'd like to send out a HUGE thanks to Steve for making my car able to stop again. No more grinding. Or having to use the handbrake in the wet. That was fun! Well not really, it was a little scary. The tail nearly overtook me a couple of time. Nearly. So, thank you Steve.

Also, I managed to get my hands on the extractors and the box of random goodies. All for the total price of ZILCH. Haha, the bloke wanted to get rid of it all, so he just gave it to me. If I had the room, I would've grabbed the 5K as well. Not that I need it. Chester_fb grabbed that, along with a gearbox, flywheel, clutch, spare head, and the pushrods in the jar. He got a really good price on that well. A 6 pack!!! Talk about a deal. Well, thats it for now.

Edited by philba

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a really strange night we had last night. Amy and I got bored so we went for a drive. No where in particular, just around. Ended up heading toward Tharwa, but the bridge is closed. But I kept driving in that direction anyway. As we were getting closer to the road closure, there was signs saying road closed ahead, but I wanted to have a look down that way. Noticed some tail lights of a parked car. Thought that was a bit strange at that hour, (nearly 10:30). Was about to turn around, when i noticed the road barriers were scattered all over the place, so I decided to check it out. Turns out the car had crashed through the barriers. Couldn't see anyone in the front seats, and I was about to look elsewhere for any sign of life when Amy found him in the back seat. Semi-conscious, and not speaking too well. Amy hands me the phone to ring the ambo. Amy keeps talking to him the whole time. Just to keep him awake, which probably kept him alive. The bottom of his sternum (breastplate) is about 2 inches lower than it should be. Amy went with him in the ambo, I stayed back to answer questions from the police. Then I when to the hospital to see how he was, and to get Amy. Answered more questions, gave them my details, etc. Amy did a really good job of keeping him awake and talking. Both the coppers and ambo's were happy with us that we called it in and helped as much as could. I think the main thing that saved his life was the air-bags. If it wasn't for them, we would've found a body.

I told him and Jim told him to go get it checked......but NO Thomo will not go see if it is or not.

Well guess what thomo? If you don't my wife will come down and drag you kicking and screming to a doctor.....and you don't want that do you?

Or you can just drop by work and I will fine you a spare or 2 :lolcry:

• 4 weeks later...