Trendact

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, the computer shat itself in December, kept turning the car off after about 10 minutes of running time. It's a warranty job so they took their sweet arse time diagnosing and then approving the repairs. I was told in March it would take 3 weeks to order a new computer, turns out they mean 3 months as I won't be seeing a new computer until the end of May. It has to be ordered through Toyota Japan, then they get TOMS in the UK to manufacture the computer. I've written them a letter asking to please explain, and the next step is Dept of Fair Trading.

i would complain to toyota about your treatment - not acceptable behaviour at all

i'm sad to say i've heard about a similar incident from someone at work in regards to the dealer you've mentioned

my car went in for a service up in brisbane on thursday and they tell you everything i was on the phone when my father picked my car up the guy was explaining everything i could here what he was saying

don't take it complain like heavens

where is southern highlands toyota?

i was thinking of driving mine to goulbourn if i need it serviced or may just drive it the whole way to sydney and make it a long weekend :y:

i've heard too many disturbing stories about the local one that people at work have been very open about telling me :)

They are at Mittagong and have been told they are well worth the drive for level of service given. My brother also took his Prado there from Nowra for every serice until he moved to Perth. Kevin got the Rav 4 from them after the local deale told him there was no white Ravs in Oz and if he wanted white he ould have to wait 8 months and wnted him to buy a black one they had in stock. So he went to Southern Highland Toyota and they found one within a few mins and got it for him in 3 days and also beat the local guys in price by almost $3,000 in free extra's. He tried the local guys here for a service once only and they stuffed it up so it has gone to Mittagong since. They now give him a car when he gets there so he can go for coffee and a look around while he is waiting for his car and they service the car as soon as it gets there so he is not there all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Blue ceee, have you got your car here yet? if so how is it? all nice and clean now and ready to show it off to us all I hope.

Rolla newbie, How did you go ith the Laser mate? did you get the rubber seals back in the doors on the Rolla and them new wheels on?

Edited by Trendact

Got my car back yesterday. just shy of 4 months it took them to get me a new computer. I'll try my best to get to a meet now that I have a corolla again. My missus wants to fit the baby seat to it though, so it will look odd.

geeeees been a bit slow in here of late, must be the colder weather. Well I hope to get the old engine out of the rolla tomorrow night and the other one in to see how it goes :lol: Hope it is ok for the Hill Climb on the 20th.

Terminal great to see you are mobile in the rolla again :y:

Where have we all gone to??? come on start chating :P

Just read on another forum:

Presented by National Capital Motorsports Club on Sunday 13 May at Pialligo Avenue Fairbairn. Racing starts at 1000h and full canteen facilities are available.

There will be a Rookies Division, Ladies Division, Super Production, Series Production, Open Division and a Demolition Derby.

Supported by Cancillier Motors, FM104.7 Balls N All, Ezyscrap and MCR Performance.

More info can be found at:

http://actspeedway.wetpaint.com/

http://www.capitalmotorsportnews.com.au/

Pull your finger out Brett. :y:

And a very big thanks to Thomo for coffee, conversation, advice and parts. Big help in keeping low buck motorsport low buck. :lol:

Doesn't stop me from wanting to cane your arse on the track (reckon I have another meet of talking big before you know the track better and hand me my arse on a platter). :P

Anyway, message has been given before, but I'll give it again. See Thomo at Pharley's for anything automotive/trailer related. All round nutter good bloke.

Where have we all gone to??? come on start chating

Sorry....

Did anyone else see the wrecker in queanbo, that advertised $50 bucks, all you can carry, bring your own tools???

Last weekend, went to check it out, was going to post something up, but had no net :y:

Not much there, just a ke70, which gave up its centre consoul, spark plug tubes, and roof light!

Pulled some parts for dads xc falcon and fairlane as well. Mostly newer falcs and commos, the odd datsun etc.

Check saturdays canberra times, in case he does it again!

hi everyone

yeah i have my car now got her cleaned out at fyshwick two weeks ago needs another clean now

yeah i enjoy driving her haven't had much chance though i've been sick and had a lot of problems with work so i haven't been driving - catching public transport :)

if you see a blue corolla with queensland plates driving through tuggeranong and queanbeyan its most likely me

i've unscrewed the aerial so she just has a bump on the back makes her very distinctive

Considering the drive from queensland she still has less than 3500 k's on her which is pretty impressive

:yes: