Paul

AE82 CSX (Luxury :S )

4A-C

3 Speed Auto

127,200 kms :P

Tiny Canadian flag and cracked Vancouver stickers on the back windscreen :(

myae821ul9.jpg

myae822eg7.jpg

Just got her back to Melbourne and washed it. Goes in for RWCert first check in the morning. Also paying the reg after work.

Bought it off a guy who inherited it when his mother passed away 18 months ago. The furthest his mum ever drove it was from Leongatha to Kyneton in 1995. She bought it brand new in 1985.

Since I blew the motor in my car (AE71 daily see sig) this will get me around while I respray it and put the good motor in.

Time to drive like a Grandma;) .

Members dont see this ad

I figured it was worth a four hour round trip to pick it up. Just that the car dad drove me down in was my brother's 78 Fairlane so fuel costs have left me no option but to wait til Wednesday (when I get paid again) to pay the Registration:(

Once that's done it needs

New Windscreen

L/H rear tyre (will do a pair of new on front and put the best two remaining on rear)

2 Front Outer CV Boots

Front Brake hoses

L/H indicator lens

So I can pass the RWCert and transfer to my name:D

Thats very cheap, CS-X, 127,000km's and 2 weeks rego (not alot but easier with transfer and so on) its also a 1 owner that was kept in the family.

I didn't think that was a normal sounding price. I was kinda hoping they were all around that cheap though, I could do with a couple of them.

I didn't think that was a normal sounding price. I was kinda hoping they were all around that cheap though, I could do with a couple of them.

Considering i am the 3rd owner of my CS-X seca, It had 165,000k's on it, no rego and i paid double from a very close friend, Have you actually priced an AE82 b4.

Clearly I haven't, as FWD girl cars aren't really my thing, but I am sick of my shitty old corolla, and want to start getting newer cars. So I figured if $500 was an average price I would start with one of these to get to work and back in.

They are great, I have owned a couple of AE82's (3 ATM, 1 4AC, 2x 4AGE's), you can pick the 4AC AE82 up from ebay from $500 (normally have 220,000 + km's on them) up to around the $2800 mark but you can pick up a twincam seca or hatch in average condition starting at $700 and pay anything up to the $4000 mark.

Here is a pic of my $700 Twincam bargain, It sat for a few months when the previous owners had it and it sat in my back yard for a year when i 1st got it, it had 317,000k's on it, Tiny bit of rust in the back guards(fixed), Needs valve stem seals as it will blow a tiny puff of blue when it 1st starts, Needed tyres (swapped them over from my other seca), It will get a buff eventually, I got it registered back in September and havnt had any hassels with it.

post-1373-1165586546_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trev