4k-c Not Sparking.

Shaun

Especially if you've turned the motor over by hand without the dizzy in.

So make sure the piston one is at top dead centre.

Use a flat-blade screwdriver to turn the oil pump around so the rotor button on the dizzy is facing number 1 piston and try cranking it over then.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i got told that it needs to be at TDC and for the rotor to be facing piston number one or the point in the dizzy cap.

And i found out why there was no spark coming from the lead, the black wire that bolts onto the dizzy was bolted onto the chassis and should be bolted onto the negative side on the coil.

And also which order do the plug leads go on top of the dizzy?

yay, so you got the dizzy in right and fixed the wiring?

well done mate, i was thinking bout coming today if i had the time to try help ya out.

if you do need a hand still just let me know, tell us more. what did you have to fix? specifics please :ninja:

You can still come round and take a look at my beast, and bring over your 1G beast, I'm thinkin of doing that conversion!!

Anyway the wiring on the coil was round the wrong way (none of it was done wrong by me, bought it like that), positive wire was on neg visa versa. The little black wire that goes to the BR was meant to be running to the + not the -.... and after that we got spark so i was like "yeah we gettin this thing running now", and then all it was, was getting it to TDC on compression and setting the dizzy right which only took 2 go's and its running pretty good, probably just need to move the dizzy cap a little cause it splutters every now and then, but other than that shes sweet. It went bang to went it first fired from when i flooded it, f@$k it was loud.

But can't take it for a drive cause the clutch is rooted, anyone got a gearbox i can have with a good clutch in it?

Clutch bolts to the flywheel, not to the gearbox dude......

Just some quick info (Was'nt directed at Raven but this topic in general), The clutch don't bolt to anything, The Pressure plate does which pushes the clutch plate into the flywheel, you have to take the gearbox off and then unbolt the pressure plate to remove the clutch.

EDITED due to the post coming across a bit rude.

Edited by Trev