Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4agze Rwd Extractors

Featured Replies

I have searched 4AGE's (for ages...TOYOTA joke :y: ) for a RWD exhaust manifold.

Since i couldnt find one, extractors were my only choice.

I have started to fabricate my extractors, but i am looking for comments & feedback on the flow and design of my headers :no2:

Here is a few pics of the progress ( Primaries )

post-2613-1167485102_thumb.jpg

post-2613-1167485370_thumb.jpg

post-2613-1167485700_thumb.jpg

post-2613-1167485911_thumb.jpg

post-2613-1167486115_thumb.jpg

Edited by SKA80R

  • Author
4-2-1

 

or 4 - 1

 

?

 

I am making 4-2-1 .

looks good.. was going to say 4 cyl 4age is overrated tho :y: - 3 all the way hahah

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

  • Author
All I did, was grind the weld at the collector with a grinder on a set of front wheel drive extractors very carefully. Then rotate to the desired position. I have to say here that I hav'nt fitted the engine yet so I just tack welded one spot for now so I can still change the direction if nesessary (and hope that it doesn't interfere with the engine mount). Pretty hardcore though making your own extractors from scratch, can't see any real problem with it as long as none of the cylinders are restricted over the others. I think that is what they mean by "tuning" but I'm out of my depth on this one. Good luck.

I wasn't that smart to think of that :D

Any chance you could post a picture of your extractors???

I would like to see them so i can get an idea of the factory lengths (primaries and secondries)

Ta Dave

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

here are my 4age extractors in my ke20, 4-2-1.

 

dscf0619gg1.jpg

  • Author

Today I pulled #2 exhaust port off, changed the shape & made it equal length to port #1

Then I made port #3 a similar shape to the origanal one for port #2

I have managed to get #1,#2,#3 equal lengths :D #4 is sadlya little under 2 inches shorter :)

I hope it doesn't matter that much...But the factory FWD exhaust manifold seems to work with 4 different lengths :D

I will weld up my 2-1 once i get it in the Van

post-2613-1167737125_thumb.jpg

post-2613-1167737415_thumb.jpg

post-2613-1167737516_thumb.jpg

Edited by SKA80R

  • Author
Broke the spot weld accidently, but hope these pics help.

 

 

Have you checked to see if it hits the engine mount? looks like it will be close :D

stupid question, but wouldn't the exhaust manifold off an AW11 MR2 (being rear wheel drive - although mid engined) have the same design???? they came in a 4AGE and a 4AGZE....

 

Lesley

she who knows nothing about this :)

 

I found this online...

 

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=...hl%3Den%26lr%3D

 

does this help???

Edited by SoulSearcher

stupid question, but wouldn't the exhaust manifold off an AW11 MR2 (being rear wheel drive - although mid engined) have the same design???? they came in a 4AGE and a 4AGZE....

 

I thought they were mounted east-west like a FWD, so that won't work

uhhhh then why would it say in the ad that it suits corollas too??

 

I found a link here:

 

http://images.google.com.au/images?q=mr2+a...a=N&ndsp=18

 

the first pic is in the car and the last pic is out of the car

 

Lesley :)

 

 

(oh, I just got the joke - "for ages" when I read it last night I was tired (that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!).

Edited by SoulSearcher

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.