Ke55 Ute - Kinda...

In a recent topict in the NT section of BoostCruising, people were asked to discuss their backyard rally cars. A few people listed Corollas - one guy just had a picture with the words "The Goblin" listed above it. Here's the picture:

post-56868-116986901526442959.jpg

This definitely goes with some of the other cool cars that live up here, or are being built up here, including our red Starlet, as well as a JZA80 Supra that is currently being built by someone with a 1FZ-FE which is going to receive 12 throttle bodies and two turbos. :D

Members dont see this ad

I think that was once a wagon, not a 55...

Oh, and here's a thing...

KE10 is a sedan

KE15 is a coupe

KE16 is a panelvan

KE18 is a wagon

KE30 is a sedan

KE35 is a coupe

KE36 is a panelvan

KE38is a wagon

So The Goblin... being a cut down, 4-door wagon with square lights, shouldn't it be a KE58?? I have a feeling Toyota lost the numbering plot somewhere didn't they??

It is pretty cool but i don't agree with many of the creations people have tried to make out of the KE3X/KE5X's.

The back ends of them curve upwards and turning this into a ute just doesn't look right towards the back. Same goes with the KE35/55 hardtop that was made into a convertable. The back where the boot is just makes it look silly without a roof.