Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Do Ta22 Struts Go Into Ke30?

Featured Replies

Hi all, I am looking into lowering the Green Pea KE30, and do a brake upgrade at the same time. I tried a search but found no luck.

 

I was hoping someone can shed some light on the situation for me.

I am hoping to lower the car 2.5 to 3 inches, with a significant rise in spring rate. I intend to use the car for drift / circuit / daily, and I am well aware of the legallities of going so low but if you've seen my wheels you'll know I blatently disregard the law.

 

Thanks in advance

 

Dale Jeffree

Edited by doityourself

I think you will find that the steering knuckle on the ke wont bolt into the ta22 strut, so that shall have to be changed with the whole lower control arm, i also think that the upper spring seat does not bolt into the ke strut top without some grinding and drilling, so you can either adjust the car to make it fit, or reweld the ke lower spring seat onto the ta22 strut and run a ke spring and upper spring seat.

  • Author

I haven't got any springs handy but are they KE30 and TA22 the same diameter?

Edited by doityourself

  • Author

Cheers for that Redwarf.

 

Looks like I'll have to go to Toyoland on monday and start measuring and playing aound

  • Author

Thanks I've been waiting for an anwer like that.

 

So its TA22, LCA's, Steering arms, springs, and struts.

From KE30 its, strut tops.

Thanks I've been waiting for an anwer like that.

 

So its TA22, LCA's, Steering arms, springs, and struts.

From KE30 its, strut tops.

 

I'm sure thats what i said ealier, but i don't think the ke30 spring sits in the ta22 lower seat properly hence you need to weld the ke30 spring seat on the ta22 strut, but i could be wrong.

you don't need the lca arms all u need is ra40 steering arm, you can use ta22 springs with the ke30 strut tops

  • Author

Again thanks you all very much, you have all been helpful.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.