I Know Its A Long Shot But....

Lo'Rolla

hey all.....when i bought my rolla the dash foam had been ripped out and it was just the metal....as it is now...anyway i wanna buy some new dashfoam but i really can't figure out how to take the top plastic bit that sits over the back of the foam....also i errrr took out the original seats and bought supra reclining bucket seats :P had the rails from the rolla seats welded to the supra seats but now i can't find the nuts/bolts for the seats!!! does any1 kno the thread size of the 2 front bolts n then the 2 rear nuts ( the nuts for the bolts that can't come out of the rail...)

I'm not expecting anyone to know the sizes but any help is great...

cheers all

Live the DREAM...Drive a KE20

Members dont see this ad
yea, mismatched metals hasten the onset of corrosion.

depends on what kind of metal it is. If you bolt chunks of manesium to your car they will corrode before your car will. Its all to do with the Electrochemical Series. Metals higher in the order will corrode before metals lower in the order. So your right in one sense but it will hasten the corrosion of the metal that is higher in the Electrochemical Series, be it your car or the bolt.

yea, mismatched metals hasten the onset of corrosion.

depends on what kind of metal it is. If you bolt chunks of manesium to your car they will corrode before your car will. Its all to do with the Electrochemical Series. Metals higher in the order will corrode before metals lower in the order. So your right in one sense but it will hasten the corrosion of the metal that is higher in the Electrochemical Series, be it your car or the bolt.

Well... Felix is right in all sense actually. He didn't specify that the car would rust first, or that the bolt would rust first, only that putting two different metals together will encourage corrosion, which it does in all cases.

And anyhow, steel is fairly succeptible to corrosion, so unless your bolt is made of something worse (like magnesium - highly unlikely) then chances are your car will rust first.

haha, i was only taking the piss in relation to using datsun metal (which obviously has a lot more rust particles built it), in a toyota. this was in agreeance to jamies statement.

ben you take yourself way to seriously for a 19 year old. think you spend to much time online. funny how the web can turn someone into an instant expert on a subject.

lighten up dude.