Ae71 Air Filter

Emerson

Members dont see this ad

from what i've heard all pods are illegal as they are not 'sealed' or enclosed, the filters are exposed. I took all the stock junk off mine and have a nice supercheap auto polished air filter, it consists of the filter between two plates which is defectable but looks pretty anyhow.

looks like this

post-1231-1178323942_thumb.jpg

smacko84, thats one tidy engine bay, did you convert it to 4ac from 4k? ae71/86's have the coil on the other side of the engine bay. i moved mine, they have the mounts alredy there.

as for air filters, maybe get a slightly taller one, also flipping your air filter hat make a bit of induction noise. it isnt turbo so bents don't mean stuff all.

a new filter should be enough for the stock carb, these little advantage in upgrading it yet. i have ran mine without a filter and it make a nice noise but no notice in power..

smacko84, thats one tidy engine bay, did you convert it to 4ac from 4k? ae71/86's have the coil on the other side of the engine bay. i moved mine, they have the mounts alredy there.

thanks mate, yeah we converted from 4k to 4ac a while ago... this is its second 4ac :y: umm yeah was going to put the coil over the other side but it was easier just to leave it and get a longer lead. There is a different coil on there now, some weird looking thing.

Edited by smacko84