250hp Sx Rolla

offbeatind

gday all!!

i am geting a turbo kit made up with manifold and i think a t28 garret turbo!

I'm lookin for around 250hp atw!!

i was told that it will hit full boost at around 4grand and make 250 atw on 18 psi!!!! (this guy knows what hes talking about!!)

I'm getin the stuff from over east!! ( I'm in wa!)

i will have the agze conversion (got the front cut!) i am getin a microtech ltx10 ecu 3in exhaust (hiflow cat and muffler!)

i was thinkin of goin with the supra turbo fuel pump and injectors as (so I'm told) its a direct fit-up!

front mount cooler and I'm keepin the stock oil cooler!!

my question is what fuel regulator should i think about gettin and what other things to do with fuel and oil should i get !

i don't want to starve the motor of anything!!!

any info and advice will be greatly appriecated!!!

Thank You ALL!!

Dale

Members dont see this ad

250hp at the wheels, thats could be like 350 at the fly... thats a lot of power....

18psi is also a lot of boost too, as long as the engine is built to take that amount of boost

it should be fine, and the turbo has to be able to put out 18psi in its efficiency range too.

are you sure your drivetrain is going to hold up if you get 350hp at the fly?

I'm sure more people can help you with specifics of the 4ag series of engines and their power

capabilities but thats my initial thoughts anyway.

250hp at the wheels, thats could be like 350 at the fly... thats a lot of power....

18psi is also a lot of boost too, as long as the engine is built to take that amount of boost

it should be fine, and the turbo has to be able to put out 18psi in its efficiency range too.

are you sure your drivetrain is going to hold up if you get 350hp at the fly?

I'm sure more people can help you with specifics of the 4ag series of engines and their power

capabilities but thats my initial thoughts anyway.

100 HP loss through the driveline you reckon.

18 PSI, no worries ,good pistons ,rods, head gasket and studs.

i thought FWD losses were less than RWD losses. but also that losses through a drivetrain were a percentage of flywheel power not a set figure, i.e for more power you make the more power losses you get through the same drivetrain - or is this completely wrong?

i thought FWD losses were less than RWD losses. but also that losses through a drivetrain were a percentage of flywheel power not a set figure, i.e for more power you make the more power losses you get through the same drivetrain - or is this completely wrong?

Yes that is completely wrong, it is not proportional to how much power you make at the engine.

For instance tell me how you have more drivetrain (not engine) losses when you go from say 100 HP at the engine to making 160 Hp at the engine. The drivetrain losses are still EXACTLY the same whether you make 100 Hp or 160 HP right!!!!

So it CANNOT be a direct % to engine HP can it.

I run a dyno EVERY day upgrading diesels from n/a to turbo or turbo /gas now our dyno gives drivetrain losses and from before and after mods the drivetrain losses do not change because there is NO reason for them to change as nothing in the driveline has changed has it.

Oh by the way I'm not having a crack at you or anybody just spellin out the truth of the matter

i reckon run the usual surge tank, vl turbo pump, lift pump, 8mm line etc...

supra injectors? 7M? 1J or 2J? do they go straight onto 4ag's? also smallport and bigport have different fuel rails so which do they suit?

but yeah a 4agze shouldnt have any problems with 18psi if its tuned well

and i don't know much about fuel pressure regs...I'm interested to know what would be best for this application tho

cheers

Brendan

Edited by Brendo

cheers for the input!!

I'm just using the stock agze drivetrain though i think i will be getin a custom fly and clutch made up to suit the application!

I'm a cabinetmaker so i don't know to much about cars though ive done a heap of research and go by what ive heard and seen!

I'm also usin the stck internals for now though I'm getin a bigger loan so i might just get the forged pistons and shot peen the rods!!

its the 3rd gen agze aswell by the way!!

anymore info will be appreiciated as i should be gettin the turbo kit in the next few weeks!!

thanks again

Dale

"Apparently" its 30% drive-train loss in an auto and 20% drive-train loss in a manual car.

Have a good read of what i posted and then tell me where your 30 & 20 % fits.

Cause you are saying that if you upgrade your power level you will lose 30% or 20% of your upgrade.

i think i understand now.

i looked up "fixed percentage drivetrain losses" on google and there are heaps of good (and bad) arguments on various forums, and made me wonder why i didn't look up my year 12 physics notes earlier...

i still don't understand why ANCULLEN's 4agze losses 33kw through a fairly standard oldcorolla drivetrain though.

i think i understand now.

i looked up "fixed percentage drivetrain losses" on google and there are heaps of good (and bad) arguments on various forums, and made me wonder why i didn't look up my year 12 physics notes earlier...

i still don't understand why ANCULLEN's 4agze losses 33kw through a fairly standard oldcorolla drivetrain though.

Something you need to take into consideration also is tyres.

yeah, i read that a difference of 10psi can make a difference to the HP readout on a dyno. i'm interested cause my car is about to go on dyno to get a better tune from 4000rpm up to 7700rpm. its not going to be a dyno queen obviously with an NA 4age but i'm wondering what sort of figures i'll be getting.

viva la Coopers Best Extra Stout

Edited by JC807

Have a good read of what i posted and then tell me where your 30 & 20 % fits.

Cause you are saying that if you upgrade your power level you will lose 30% or 20% of your upgrade.

By "apparently" its what I've been told. never said I agreed with it :cool: