Sr20de Into Ke70

slind_ke

hey guys, jus wondering if anyone knows someone that has done this conversion.

I'm thinkn bout put 1 in a ke70 track car.

jus wondering how difficult it would be and it would need many custom parts etc..

any help will be much appreciated.

cheers

Jack

Members dont see this ad

Yes it's been done as its essentially the same as SR into AE86 which is quite common although you'll need to convert the KE70 to hydraulic clutch, also a very common procedure.

Plenty of info available on this site and others... search and ye shall find.

yerr beau aka fat bastard customs has done it, id look at his project thread has he has done a really awesome job with his car, he is an encyclopedia of knowledge and is a really friendly bloke and I'm sure if you pm him with questions he will try and help you out...

also look on ae86drivingclub.com, theres plenty of tech articles and the memebers rides can be pretty helpful for info...

we are in the process of building one atm. Its fairly easy as alot of the stock KE stuff can be used. We bought some engine mounts fabricated for like $50. The stock KE70 tailshaft works you just need the SR yoke welded on. With the engine mounts we got it allows us to use the stock KE70 cross member too.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to a guy that has done this convershion as i was going to do the same but as a street car i found a problem

with the SR20det and de unless you get the head off a gtir thay don't handle alot of power as thay have rockers and thay

can brake not offen but it will distroy the motor if thay do si i have desided to go with a CA18det as thay don't have the

problim and you can nealy have a full rebild for the price of a SR20 half cut

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/sh....php?t=67211932

i found a problem with the SR20det and de unless you get the head off a gtir thay don't handle alot of power as thay have rockers and thay can brake not offen but it will distroy the motor if thay do

never heard of anyone with this problem.. may i ask as to how you uncovered this..?

never heard of anyone with this problem.. may i ask as to how you uncovered this..?

This is a misconception about sr20s, it happens, but very rarely, and only with very high lift cams (at least 12.5mm) and a very full house(high boost)motor. Also if this happens it will not wreck your motor, but you need to pull the camshaft out to change the rocker. Converting to gtir gear (solid lifters) does not prevent this from (in a very rare instance) happening.

Edited by oh what a nissan feeling!