40mm Webers

Des

I've done a bit of searching and have found an Australian site supplying parts for Solex/Mikuni carbs. They've got a fair range too. And the Toysport site states that the Solex 40mm carbs are fine for up to 2000cc on a 2T-G, but you need to change the jets to suit.

Members dont see this ad

Nothing is actually clear in the Redline Parts Catalogue to whether or not parts are interchangable between the two.

There are cosmetic differences though. I'll take some pics of my Dellorto's tomorrow and post 'em up.

Dellortos, Webers and solexs will all bolt up to the same manifold, AFAIK. I know I've had Dellortos and Webers on the same manifold, so I can't see why Solexs wouldn't fit as well, seeing as people yoink Solexs and put Webers on 2TGs.

*Caution: Personal opinion*

I think Solexs make great paper weights. In 16 years I haven't heard anyone say a good word about them. The man I respect most in the lost art of carburetors detests them with a passion.

*Opinion ends.*

You could also get a pair of dellorto's and use them as ITB's by converting them over to accept injectors and a custom fuel rail. I've been looking into this as a way of fuel injecting my 5K later on, but also could be used to fuel inject a 4AGE or whatever :D

Suss that one out Ankles. :)