Ke25 4k To A 4age

sagvill

Members dont see this ad
i hav a ke25 4k at the mo bt wnt 2 put 4age 20v, need sum help,

I'll be gentle .. giving you the benefit of the doubt etc.

You've just joined a group with members possessing a vast amount of information that they are willing to share - welcoming newcomers as they arrive.

However.

As in all aspects of life, you need to endear yourself to the group before you start asking for favours. Walking in the door and saying "help me" is not likely to produce the response you'd like. You need to convince those with the information you need that you are not a lazy good-for-nothing bum whose aim is to leech of other people's experience and expertise. In general, people hate laziness.

Do some searching for the information yourself, then come back and ask questions about what you've found (and what you haven't found). Google is your friend.

If you arrive having made some sort of an effort already, you show that you don't just want someone to spoon feed you the instructions without any work on your part. New members who turn up like that are usually given a fair old mouthful and told to piss off until they grow-up and/or can show some reason they should be helped - you'll have to earn the respect of other members.

You'll also find that people tend to frown on "txt-speek". In a newsgroup, you don't need to save characters and it's nice not to have to read someone's post a couple of times to try and work out what they mean. Use full words, use punctuation blah blah. If other members find reading your posts hard, they won't respond.

Welcome ... there's a good chance you're among friends - but you'll need to make sure you aren't pigeon-holed as a "waste of space" before you settle in.

cheers,

Slapper

The bloke has asked for help ?

that's true - unfortunately, beyond the FAQ and some time spent letting your fingers do the walking around the web, I really don't know where to start with answering the question.

It's impossible to decide where to start with sagvill's post ... unforntunately he(she) hasn't given us any idea where he's at. We don't know whether he has a wealth of engine swap experience, adept at the necesssary engine mount mod's and fuelling shinannigans that go hand in hand with a carby to EFI swap ... or whether he's coming at this with no background at all (both of which are fine). We don't know whether he wants to drive it on the road, rally or tarmac racetrack.

Until we know where he's coming from, we don't know what advice/experience to give. The bit of background I suggested may be enough to kick the conversation off ... unfortunately, the question as put is so widescreen that (I imagine) nobody know's where to start.

A link to the FAQ is at the top of the page (FAQ). Beyond that, sagvill needs to give us a bit of a clue where to start.

The simple fact of the matter is that if those of the group with interesting things to say to help out replied to every one of these "I want to put motor X in car Y, how do I do that?" questions, they'd never have time for anything else! Get yourself past the first "culling criteria" by showing you're serious and not just having a brain fart and you'll find the response level much better :lolcry:

sagvill, don't give up, there are a few people here who should be able to help you wherever your level of experience lies (including members with the specific conversion you are looking at) - you just need to do a little bit more than type the original question to get your "foot in the door".

cheers,

Slapper

do you have a budget?

getting the motor in is the easy part. wiring is usually the most difficult. also, remember there are heaps of extra bits most people forget when they start which all add up

motor

fuel system

ECU/wiring

gearbox

tailshaft

diff

brakes

suspension

seats

steering wheel

dash gear

22" chromies

monstaaarrrr tacho with fully hectic shift lights

kustom body kit OMG!

i hav a ke25 4k at the mo bt wnt 2 put 4age 20v, need sum help,

yep pretty broadly put there bud. be specific in your questions.

heres my own spot on the web on a 4age'd ke25. http://www.toycrazy.net/mark/KE25.html

it's about to be rebuilt a whole lot better but may give you some tips on what in involved. also google lachlan's 4age ke25.. he's put a few fuel systems etc on his page

as to setting up the 20v in rwd format.. i suggest a look in www.club4ag.com technical forums under 20v. theres a nice big post on how to convert the cooling system to suit rwd and alot more.. distributor modifications, intake plenum reversed etc

Edited by AE25

FOR STARTERS the reason i put dis form was because i havnt found much info on da ke25, i have done my looking around bt have come across very little, i did not relise that u guys would be like this, as I'm new it is good to no these things, also iv done alot of engine conversions over the years bt have came across the ke being out of my knowlage, sorri if i hav afoend you or any1 else

I'll be gentle .. giving you the benefit of the doubt etc.

You've just joined a group with members possessing a vast amount of information that they are willing to share - welcoming newcomers as they arrive.

However.

As in all aspects of life, you need to endear yourself to the group before you start asking for favours. Walking in the door and saying "help me" is not likely to produce the response you'd like. You need to convince those with the information you need that you are not a lazy good-for-nothing bum whose aim is to leech of other people's experience and expertise. In general, people hate laziness.

Do some searching for the information yourself, then come back and ask questions about what you've found (and what you haven't found). Google is your friend.

If you arrive having made some sort of an effort already, you show that you don't just want someone to spoon feed you the instructions without any work on your part. New members who turn up like that are usually given a fair old mouthful and told to piss off until they grow-up and/or can show some reason they should be helped - you'll have to earn the respect of other members.

You'll also find that people tend to frown on "txt-speek". In a newsgroup, you don't need to save characters and it's nice not to have to read someone's post a couple of times to try and work out what they mean. Use full words, use punctuation blah blah. If other members find reading your posts hard, they won't respond.

Welcome ... there's a good chance you're among friends - but you'll need to make sure you aren't pigeon-holed as a "waste of space" before you settle in.

cheers,

Slapper

Haha yea it is tight bt most is finished, all there is 2 do is find a t50 gearbox and put the 4age in, b

do you have a budget?

getting the motor in is the easy part. wiring is usually the most difficult. also, remember there are heaps of extra bits most people forget when they start which all add up

motor

fuel system

ECU/wiring

gearbox

tailshaft

diff

brakes

suspension

seats

steering wheel

dash gear

22" chromies