Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5k Reduction Gear Starter Motor

Featured Replies

LOL the ND ke10 starter is shorter than the bosch one you posted Raven. The motor part is just a touch longer than the solenoid.

 

I have no doubt a reduction starter would spin the motor over a lot faster. I just haven't had any issues with the type I run now. If I ever run out of the smaller starters, I may change to the reduction type at a later stage.

Hi,

On my Ke15 I have a standard KE15 starter and it is small as and it cranks my 5K over with shaved head fine but if it dies ill switch to a reduction gear I hope :dance:

 

But just as another point I belive the KE30/55 ish starters are 0.6KW and KE70 ones are 0.8 KW so there is a power difference in the motor so there is a upgrade you can do if you don't have a reduction gear starter.

 

Also a newer KE3X/5X/7X starter wont fit a stock KE1X gear box. The bolt holes in the gear box are smaller diameter and the KE1X bolts are a ut and bolt setup and newer starters are a olt setup with the starter motor housing containing the threaded part for the bolt. As I tried putting a larger starter on the 5K in the KE15 and they don't fit as the bolt holes on the geear box were to small and the big bolts that screw into the starter for newer starters don't fit. so on a KE1X if you runa KE1X GB you will have to use a stock Ke1X starter.

 

Cheers

Cameron

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.