Recomended Camshaft Manafacturer ?

Doogs

Hey,

i am looking into where i can get my cam ground , and have found a few melboure joints

(Crow Cams, Clive Cams, Crane Cams, Wade Cams etc)

but i was wondering if anyone has a specific shop they recomend, or have had a good

job done with

at this stage i accept it will not be an off-the-shelf job, as not many places regularly do grinds for

the 3k, but this is ok as i have a fair idea of what i want

so let me know what experience you guys have had with different joints (good and bad)

cheers

Members dont see this ad

I've got a tighe regrind, and it has served well in two motors over about 6 1/2 years. I've also known a couple of people to have had problems with tighe cams.

I'd look at someone more local to you. At least if you have any problems help is closer at hand. Also you would save on freight in both directions.

I have used wade before although they weren`t for K motors all performed as they were intended and last quite well.

and the guy that tunes my corolla recomends clive cams he says he was wade`s apprentice.

hope that helps

stu.

CamTech in NSW has a good selection of cam grinds for both 5K hydraulic and 3K/4K Solids.

I am planning on getting a Tighe grind when i can afford to have to Rolla off the road.

Crow cams have a very limited selection. Apparently their main grind is the same as an MGB.

I was planning on getting a Wade cam, because they are local. But i have been stuffed around with week long delays in answering my emails, and then i couldnt get the information that i wanted. Even on the phone, they werent too forth coming with their insight. So i'm in two minds about using them.

thanks guys,

i will look into those more, if i do end up getting a grind done

locally, chances are i that i will be using tighe cams specs anyway,

due to the lack of grinds otherwise available

Hey man

As already mentioned Clive Cams is the cheapest and best by far, he is in Ferntree Gully.

"and the guy that tunes my corolla recommends Clive Cams he says he was wade`s apprentice."

Yeah like 40 years ago, Clive was Wades right hand man for the last 30 odd years, he knows his shit.

Cost me $80 and took 3 days and he was very informative.

Edited by blacktopspirit

Cheers man,

my mate with an lx torrie said a similar thing, he rekons they are one of the

best going round, and suposedly clive left cause he thought wade's were going to the

pack, so i will certainly check them out

i am i right in saying they don't have a web address (clives) ?

Clive Cams

Fcty 4/ 35 -37 Clyde St

Ferntree Gully 3156

(03) 9758 5977

I will get in touch with him later in the week, to get a cam grind done but am keen to know if he works saturdays at all?

Edited by kangaroosa