Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Supercharging A 2t-geu

Featured Replies

I've got a 13T that I'm going to be putting a 2T-GEU head on. I now have a 2T-GEU EFI setup on it's way to me, and I'm looking at the option of supercharging this setup with an SC12 from a 4A-GZE. Now I know that a 2T-GEU had already been done with this setup, with the standard 2T-GEU computer remapped to suit boost. HOWEVER, I've also read that when creating your own 2T-G EFI setup, 4A-GE ECU's can be used as a cheaper, more accessible option as both engines operate within a similar rev range.

 

What I'm wondering is: would I be better off using the 2T-GEU ECU remapped, or could I use a 4A-GZE ECU which is already setup to recognize boost?

microtech

 

note: word is you can bastardize the AC compressor mount to mount a Super charger.

 

Cheers

Jordan

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

I have a 4AGZE ecu you can have for $50 posted, Only problem is its a AFM ecu.

Deleted

Edited by Sbox

probably depends on how much boost you are planning to run.

  • Author

I'm pretty certain the 4A-GZE ECU is better than the 4A-GE ECU for all boosted applications. Obviously a fully programmable ECU is going to be better than either of those every time, but who really has the money???

A good while back there was an article in Hot 4's (issue 44??) of a TA22 Celica that was powered by a supercharged EFI 2t-g. The supercharger was a sc12 and the computer was from a Camira (delco unit).

The owner was a Tim Frost and the car went by the name "4sfed". He's got a website http://www.4sfed.com.au but its only to do with the 13b turbo thats now in the car.

There was a site that had a page on the build of the car http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/toyota/80/index.html (aka: "welcome to daytona's home page") but for some reason or another the site has been deleted.

  • Author

I found mentions of Tim Frost's car on the Net, and that's what gave me the idea originally. It turns out a fellow RollaClub member also used to have a supercharged 2T-GEU in their car, so they are going to try and provide me with some info. :lolcry:

  • 2 weeks later...

hmmm i think getting a 4agze ecu to run on a 2t will be a pita

and a large comprimise.

 

2t is AFM isnt it?

they are a lot more adaptible to boost.

some bigger injectors maybe all you need

forget remapping toyota ecus

they are made in such a way you can't, you need to rebuild the insides

 

ac delco ecu is a possibility, as they are well cracked

 

 

now, you really do want a fully tunable ecu i think

8 or so psi and stock compression....

  • Author

Not sure whether 2T-GEU if AFM or MAP - I do think it's AFM though.

 

For bigger injectors I was planning on using my current 4A-GZE 365cc ones, and upgrading the 4A-GZE to the 7M-GTE 440cc ones I've got waiting to go on.

 

Apparently Tim Frost had his 2T-GEU ECU remapped, so could it be that the 2T-GEU ECU (being such an early Toyota ECU) could be remappable???

 

Compression on the 13T is 8.5:1 standard (according to the Kalalahti site), so I don't know what this would change to with the 2T-GEU head, but it will apparently go up a little bit due to the smaller combustion chamber volume. I'm thinking I might play it safe and get a thick-ish metal head gasket. I've found them as much as 3mm thick, so I can get my engine builder to work out the correct thickness for my desired boost level. I will probably get a 165mm 4A-GZE crank pulley so I can run as much as about 12-13psi of boost. It depends on the diameter of the SC12 I've acquired. I also need to reassemble the SC12 as it's currently in pieces.

in pieces? why?

make SURE it hasnt got shagged bearings.....

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.