Project Ke25 - For Sale - See Pg 9

Tally

PROJECT KE25

Hey guys!!!

Well it was a long search but I have finally got one!!!

STORY

It goes like this...

Searched and waited for about 2 years.

Found a few but were either priced too high or were damn straight shitboxes.

Few weeks back got a pm from a dude on rollaclub and said I could have it for $700.

So my uncle and I went up and had a look and it turned out to be just what I was looking for.

The history of the car? Well for the past 17 years it has been in storage...

Ive always wanted a Corolla but never really learned about them because Ive been too occupied with Mazdas lol.

FUTURE PLANS

What Ive got planned??? don't really know yet. havent really thought about what I could do to it. don't want to spend massive amounts of cash. Just small mods to make it a cool little cruiser.

I was thinking maybe a stock 12A would be nice in it. If I do end up changing the engine it wont be anytime soon.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great!

SPECS

Name: Tally

Model: 1974 KE25

Colour: Bamboo

Engine Type: 3K

Engine Mods: none

Power: um yeah lol

Wheels/Tyres: stock with hubcaps

Interior: stock

Mods: none as of yet

Stereo: philips tape player (stupid old man just had to cut into the plastic :) )

Cost: ongoing

And here it is

Enjoy...

PHOTOGRAPHS

image005cc8.jpg

image001vr8.th.jpg image003ip6.th.jpg image006tj9.th.jpg image016mn8.th.jpg

Edited by Tally

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tried getting it started today but had no luck.

I'm not sure what is wrong.

The car needs a new battery but we charged it a little bit. I'm not sure if their is something wrong with the carby as my uncle said only one barrel was opening up. He said it might have something to do with the vacuum?

And also found some unconnected wires under the dash so if anyone can help me out that would be great.

And does anyone know what the best way is to take the radio out? I tried taking it out but I broke the plastic that surrounds the ashtray :y:

post-1732-1185631111_thumb.jpg

post-1732-1185631192_thumb.jpg

Edited by SLY T

Tried jump starting it again today, will not budge... Changed the spark plugs, still nothing.

It cranks and wants to go but just wont start.

My uncle said the engine may not be getting enough spark. Something to do with the coil.

Going to get new leads and fuel filter as well, and maybe a battery if I can afford it.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Got a spare standard coil here somewhere if you want to try that.

Check your dizzy cap and rotor button. Make sure the wire from the dizzy is going to the negative side of the coil.

Did that, and its all connected up correctly.

Today my dad, my uncle and his mate all helped and adjusted the timing. We had put new spark plugs in and when we took them out we found that there was water in the engine. But the thing is we fixed the timing and we fixed the distributor points to 0.45mm so we now get a good enough spark. Another factor is that the fuel that is in the engine may be so old that its not igniting. You catch my drift? Anyway going to pour some fuel down the carby to see if it starts because we have a spark so there isnt any reason that it should not start. Unless the head is cracked, but it should still run.

So yea :o

Edited by SLY T

Well, if you've checked everything, it should fire up. I've just changed the head gasket on my 25 because some n00b didnt clean the threads when the gasket was changed last time and bolt number 10 was half in :o

So if you're gonna do a gasket change, make sure you clean the threads of the head bolts, but if you have a popped gasket, one or two bolts may be rusted in, which would probably end up snapping a bolt off, like mine did, which isnt cool.

Good luck anyway!

Raven

Well, if you've checked everything, it should fire up. I've just changed the head gasket on my 25 because some n00b didnt clean the threads when the gasket was changed last time and bolt number 10 was half in :o

So if you're gonna do a gasket change, make sure you clean the threads of the head bolts, but if you have a popped gasket, one or two bolts may be rusted in, which would probably end up snapping a bolt off, like mine did, which isnt cool.

Good luck anyway!

Raven

yea thats right it should fire up. Thanks for the info Raven, will keep that in mind when I get around to doin it.

Here is the vid of us trying to start it:

Edited by SLY T

Quick update:

Ive decided that I am going to keep the car original if I can get the engine started. If not I have two options:

1. Rebuild engine and slowly restore car

2. Chuck a 12A rota in it and go nuts

also received my hubcap thanks to dfunkt :y:

Edited by SLY T

Put fuel in the engine today... still didn’t start. Tried everything, fuel in the carby etc. I knew there was water in the head so I thought id try and flush it out. Took the plugs out and cranked it. You could just hear that it had no compression!!! absolutely nothing!!! So looks like I'm up for a new engine. not worth rebuilding a 3k is it?