1973 Ta22 Celica Quad Throttle Bodies On A 13t

quadthrottle3t

The car is a '73 TA22, 5 speed, rebuilt hi comp 13t, custom quad throttle bodies, haltech ecu, red everthing!, the outside of the car is being taken care of taken care of at the moment in a body shop and will be resprayed. My main focus was the engine bay and engine first all the wiring is done and the car is running. i will try to post some pics up as i go along.

i799420_RIMG0016.jpg

engine bay two weeks ago

i799411_RIMG0041.jpg

Engine bay now

Due to a fuel leak i have removed the itb's and done some modifications the first being a new fuel rail of coarse and a vacuum log so i can use my brake booster and various other vac related items. also i have welded the trumpets on to their bases so its all done now i just have to whack it back on and get some more pics. Hopefully i will have it all together soon as i am getting the need for speed!

Here are some pics to give you an idea

rimg0003dl7.jpg

rimg0004ug6.jpg

rimg0005kd8.jpg

rimg0006kc5.jpg

Stay Tuned!!

Edited by quadthrottle3t

Members dont see this ad

First off that's uber cool :o post up on www.ozcelica.com (user wayno on there is in the market for quads for his redtop BEAMS 3SGE in his show car.)

secondly why did you chose to use the 13T head with its uber gay pre-cmbustion chambers??? and not say a 2TG head on the 3T bottom end.

be great to see it one day.

Cheers

Jordan

I choose the 13t because i found it at a local import yard in a shed with papers and it had 4,000 kms on it so i popped it apart and sure enough all new inside with paint markings on the spings still and super clean inside. i should have mentioned it now has a non gay shaved 2T bigport head on it instead of the original 13t and 3t pistons to suit... well now i don't have to i guess. i love the sound of the old hemi pushrod engines so being the underdog i am that is what i used!

Regards,

Matt

The old 2T head is far from a work of art (visually,) but a war horse it is.

I've seen a few examples on twin 45DCOE's, that made some respectable power, EFI would be amazing.

What ecu are you using to control it all?

Cheers

Jordan

Terrific job detailing, mate. Jordan its a Haltech Ecu. Read the writing too. can't wait to see how the bodywork turns out.

Cheers guys, yes its a Haltech as you know the throttle bodies have an erratic vac signal so load sensing via map is not the best option so i am using the haltech in tps mode and it works great, the engine sound like an f1 engine well not really but pretty cool anyway. having a dyno helps alot with these types of setups thats for sure. i also can't wait to see the bodywork as i have done most of the labour and the body guy will be finishing off the panels and painting the car.

• 6 years later...