Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wreckers

Featured Replies

Hey, just wondering if anyone knows of any good wreckers down at the Gold Coast as i'll be going down tomorrow to one wrecker that I know of. I'm hoping any wrecker that has old Corolla's, anything KE.

 

I've tried yellow pages and they've given me a whole heap from Goldie and Brisbane, so i'm hoping to ask anyone thats been to one and seen what they've got.

 

thanks,

Jonno.

Ashmore Toyota wreckers. Dunno if they have Ke30/55 stuff but they have 70's.

Damn you southerners and your "wreckers-that-actually-stock-older-cars...."

 

A shiny penny for the first person to load up a van full of KE70 panels and drive them up here for me!!!

 

$ching ching$

Damn you southerners and your "wreckers-that-actually-stock-older-cars...."

 

A shiny penny for the first person to load up a van full of KE70 panels and drive them up here for me!!!

 

$ching ching$

So how much ya paying ?

 

lol.

If you are going hunting for parts where are you going to put them all jon?

  • Author

Dad's letting me build a shed in the back yard, plus i'm buying a Wagon and its going to be stored at my sisters. She has a massive yard. :)

ahh so the shed is going ahead. Nice one

 

Jae

  • 4 months later...
so your coming then missy? :y:

 

we need more girls cruising...to give us all competition :y: ;)

 

 

 

Park Ridge Auto Wreckers. They sometimes have KE stuff.

 

3805 5999

Sometimes?? Not in a long time. They crushed all their RWD corollas ages ago.

 

 

I rung them a month or less ago, They had a KE20, for parts there.

 

 

As I said, they only sometimes have KE stuff..

  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you'd be interested or not but a few weeks back I totalled my ke70. I had got the gearbox completely rebuilt and a new clutch put in it about 4 months ago. Spent $1100 on the box and clutch. It is currently sitting in a wreckers yard in toowoomba. Sowerbys is the towing company. I have been paid out for the vehicle through insurance. If your chasing parts etc. maybe try them. The make was a 1983 corolla. It has a new steering rack and rack ends, new gearbox and clutch, 2" sports exhaust and extractors (about 5 months old.) new tires and shocks. Make them an offer maybe ? The reason it was totalled was a lady decided that her lancer looked better in the front of my car. So the front is off on a 45degree angle. But the rest is ok for parts. Give them a call and go from there. The colour was canary yellow.

When I was recouperating in hospital in Toowoomba after nearly losing my life in a car wreck 7 years ago, that very same towing company thought it would be helpful to steal the nice speakers out of my car, the only salvageable part.

 

Thats a really nice thing to do to a guy who's had his face smashed through a windscreen. I personally would sooner torch the building than buy a single thing off them, and Id just like to put this out there so no-one ever trusts these scumbags. Trust me mate, any good stuff is already gone, knowing these thieves. There are very few people who have made my revenge book, and this company is in there. don't get all upset Trev but in my experience tow truck drivers are the lowest of the low in most cases. Like carnies they will screw you and smile to your face while they do it. My 2c.

 

So to summarise, SOWERBYS TOWING STOLE FROM ME WHEN THEY TOWED MY CAR, DO NOT TRUST THEM AT ALL.

Yeah most are scum, Trev's dad is one of the honest blokes and doesn't charge the earth.

I rung them a month or less ago, They had a KE20, for parts there.

 

 

As I said, they only sometimes have KE stuff..

I think i might have to give them a call in the morning....Hope it's still there :hmm:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.